Good Shabat Saturday to all

Old February 5th 05, 08:46 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Good Shabat Saturday to all

Winter has struck heavily ,,, Rain cold , Snow on the northern
Mountains , Probbaly Jerusalem as well since last night , on the last
forecast i listened to they said 3 c grades ,,,,,
Cat was quite polite and woke me only at 05.55 ,,, and has now
returned from his morning stroll , and snores happily at my feet ,,,
, i intend to have another hot coffee, call a friend , and rread some
papers , and layout ideas for a more works ,,,
Going out ??? brrrrrr not now ,,, maybe later when it looks a bit
rosier.
The module magic hat is wlcomed every where i go with it ,,,, even a
doc i visited , asked to have a close look , and wished me to explain
how i made it ,,, As she wore the most exquisit sweater HAND knitted
,,, i guessed she was one our kind ,,,,, and indeed she said she loved
to knit, and said she would love me to wear an other sweater for my
check up !!! so i made a note which sweater i wore this time , not to
repeat wearing the same !!!!
AS she loved my wools i also gave her my Shop`s adress ,,,,
Last week a big Newspaper ahd an Article about the kniting Renaissance
, [ i told you it always takes time before we catch up here with
`trends` ] It was rather superficial , had some hiden advertisement ,,
but the title ,,, made me gasp ,,,,, ` The inner Grandma comig out ~
,, ok this is relevant in a book about Knitting but not there ,,,,
Breath deep knit some rows ,,,,, i feel better ,, what was it that
made me gasp ,??? the generalization ? after al it was such a `Cute `
title ?? was it ?
i am not sure , somehow it read as not being kind.
I know what was wrong the writer didn`t say she she knitted as well !!
does she knit ??? it might be part of the problem ,,,,
Aha who cares , let`s wrap myself in one of mine and start the day
,,,, GOOD MORNING ALLLLLLL
mirjam
Old February 5th 05, 01:56 PM
bckwrds

Good Morning to you, too, Mirjam. It is really cold here where
I live as well this morning. I live in Washington State. I have my
fire going and now intend to have another cup of coffee. May
your weekend be good.

Donna

Old February 5th 05, 03:30 PM
Rhonda Alterson

Good morning. I also felt uneasy with the inner "Grandma" bit. As if
people who knit (or crochet or do any kind of needlework) were old. Weird
perception. Oh well, I'm having a terrific cup of coffee and then I'm going
outside to clean up my back yard because today, in the Chicago metro area,
it is 50 dgrees (F)! Hurray!!!

Rhonda in IL, USA

Old February 5th 05, 03:40 PM
NoraBalcer

Good morning Mirjam,

Gee, it's even warmer than normal here in NY too. I can't go out and rake like
Rhonda, but at least the snow is melting away.

I guess the person who wrote the article hasn't been reading how so many of the
younger generations are taking up knitting again.

Hugs,

Your twin,

Nora
Old February 5th 05, 04:17 PM
spampot

It's warm and sunny (50 F) for a change, here in Maryland, and I am
compulsively checking the Sheep and Wool Festival web site to see
whether they've published the schedule for this year (May 7 & 8) yet.
My brother the piano technician wants to come up from the Shenandoah
Valley and hear the lecture on wool "biology" and felting (with an eye
to judging the best kind of felt strips for his work, and perhaps make
his own).

We got up very late this morning as we were out at a gumbo party for
Mardi Gras (yes, I know it isn't until next Tuesday!) last night. Alas,
I have too many chores to do to do any knitting today...

Old February 5th 05, 04:33 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you Donna , it is afternoon now , but it is hard to see as gray
weather and light rulled all day ... I read a lot material for my work
, cooked a nice meal ,, and soon will have some well desrved Afternoon
coffee,,,, Did some Brushing on my Yidish i read a Page in the new
dictionary everyday ,,, it is a delightful way to aquire back the old
knowledge and learn more new words .
mirjam

Old February 5th 05, 04:41 PM
Janise Ross

Rhonda,

My daughter is not happy with the temperature in Evanston. She likes
snow. And she just received the hat I knit and felted for her, so she won't
be able to wear it for a while.

Janise

Old February 5th 05, 04:44 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Hallo this isn`t fair ,,please send over some warmer temps ,,,,,
knitting is ageless , and anyway ,, what business is it of her which
age the knitter are ????
::::
mirjam

Good morning. I also felt uneasy with the inner "Grandma" bit. As if
people who knit (or crochet or do any kind of needlework) were old. Weird
perception. Oh well, I'm having a terrific cup of coffee and then I'm going
outside to clean up my back yard because today, in the Chicago metro area,
it is 50 dgrees (F)! Hurray!!!

Rhonda in IL, USA
t...