Plastic doll faces

Old October 9th 03, 01:56 AM
Tania

Default Plastic doll faces

I am looking for doll faces(only) there were around more in 1970's. They are
plastic and about 3" across, they use to come with a set of hands with a
baby bottle attached.
I am living in Canada, can anyone out there help me to locate 4 of these, I
sure would appreciate any help. Thanks everyone. Tania

Old October 9th 03, 02:05 AM
Patricia

Tania wrote:

I am looking for doll faces(only) there were around more in 1970's. They are
plastic and about 3" across, they use to come with a set of hands with a
baby bottle attached.
I am living in Canada, can anyone out there help me to locate 4 of these, I
sure would appreciate any help. Thanks everyone. Tania

-----------------

I typed "doll faces" into Google and got pages and pages.

You might like to try that....

--
Patricia
Florida-USA
Old October 9th 03, 04:54 PM
Michele

Ah, for a minute there I thought I had found a home for my lonely dolls
head. I have one with blond hair for a cabbage patch size doll. I guess I
kept it thinking I would some day have a granddaughter to make it for. Hmmm,
I do have a great niece (born in June)....
Just what I need, another project!

Peace,
Michele in Ky
change "madatspam" to michele to email

newsm2hb.18973$Sg4.15559@edtnps84...

Old October 9th 03, 10:23 PM
Karen

Oh I'm going off topic here, but this just brought back sort of a flash.
Does anyone remember the dolls that had the glass faces and hands, they were
like china, and they were painted? I recall when I was just a kid, 40+
years ago, my mother having some in her cedar chest from when SHE was just a
girl, and they were so cool, very fine. I can't imagine them being made
today, probably all kinds of liability issues because of being glass or
china or whatever they were.

Sorry to drift like that, this just brought back that memory for some
reason!

And Tania, I wish I knew where to tell you to find those, I guess I'd start
in a craft shop first of all.

Karen in MN

Old October 10th 03, 12:37 AM
Richard Eney

In article ,
Karen wrote:
Oh I'm going off topic here, but this just brought back sort of a flash.
Does anyone remember the dolls that had the glass faces and hands, they were
like china, and they were painted? I recall when I was just a kid, 40+
years ago, my mother having some in her cedar chest from when SHE was just a
girl, and they were so cool, very fine. I can't imagine them being made
today, probably all kinds of liability issues because of being glass or
china or whatever they were.

The ones I've seen are china, and as far as I know they are still
available in craft shops. There is a whole hobby of people making their
own china dolls, too; it's quite an art, really. Unique art dolls and
small-run limited editions are reported on, and I saw a shop of them in
the French quarter in New Orleans years ago. They are sold as collector's
items; who you choose to give them to after you buy them is up to you.

=Tamar
Old October 10th 03, 06:50 PM
NoraBalcer

Tania,

I don't know if you have an AC Moore store near you, but they carry them.

Hugs,

Nora