Letting off steam

Old January 15th 04, 01:19 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/15/04 1:37 AM, in article , "Ellice"
wrote:

On 1/14/04 5:14 PM,"animaux" posted:

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:03:54 -0500, Ellice opined:

XDH has trains. Well, we had trains. And the 3rd bedroom was set up with the
office corner - nice workstation area, and the rest - trains. A nice set-up
which had sections that ran around the windows, and another further elevated

Good luck. There are great posters of the kind you describe at the National
Air & Space Museum. If you don't see one at Hobby Lobby, check out their
website - if you can't order, I'll pop in and get you one, have it sent.
Drive past it a couple of times a week, Air & Space, that is.

I always wanted to do a mini-railroad out in the garden. I could get into
that.
Of course, like all my other hobbies of books, needlework and gardening,
nothing
is every cheap!

LOL - XDH had really nice Marklin trains - very expensive. If you'd seen the
suitcases full we carried back from India. Our 2nd MAC actually runs the
system - just like the real thing ;^)

Which gauge! I have Z ( the really tiny stuff) and DH has HO Marklin! What
workmanship!

We had a friend, an older gentleman
who passed away some years ago who had one of those sets big enough to ride
- one person per car -kind of - in his garden in California. It was wild.

I've seen those! What a gas! When you come visit, there is a model train
museum in just north of Conway - he has a riding train too!

We are going to Houston in a few weeks and I can probably stop in at NASA and
buy one like you describe. How totally sweet of you to make the offer.

Sure, just let me know. I'm not really sweet - but occasionally nice ;^)

Okay ?????
Tonight - my night was made - a guy we know from hockey - somewhat younger
than I (say he's about 23), from Calgary - great skater, good friend of a
friend of ours (from Toronto) - was at the game. We all were hangin' out in
our little bar - I hadn't seen him in about a year - and he's growing a
little neat beard thing, and had longer hair - came over, put his arm around
me and said "hey there girl - do you know who I am - while kissing me on the
cheek (right next to DH). Took me only about 8 secs to remember his name.
Very fun guy - had some other young teammates there (they're all playing for
a college in Baltimore) - and - here's the good part - he actually told me
"you look hot, E - are you skating?" After which I of course told him he was
definitely lit (as in had a lot to drink) and not seeing well, as I am
currently too fat, too broken. Sweet boy - told me "Nah - really - you're
looking hot - it's going on - it's hard to find cute redheads!" So, what
more do I need to make for a good night - I ask you?

I'd take a little attention like that! Cute younger guy making eyes at me!

Cheryl

Old January 15th 04, 07:12 PM
Gillian Murray

Talking of cold weather, Cheryl. I just got back from our trucking outlet
place, and they had a few of the Capitols sweatshirts in again, sizes M,L,XL
for $10 each. I picked up an XL, do you still want it?? if so, I will send
it up to you. It looks good quality, nice and warm.

Gillian
"
Sure - you try that in sub zero weather!

It is so dang cold here!
Cheryl

Old January 15th 04, 07:53 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Yes - DS will get a kick out of it!
Cheryl
On 1/15/04 2:12 PM, in article
t, "Gillian Murray"

Old January 16th 04, 02:44 AM
Pat P

Someone just sent me a (model) John Deere truck tin full of Milky way dark
choc. caramels! Yum!

By the way, does anyone know Lauren`s email address? I promised her some
Cadbury`s Roses when the weather was cold enough, and I`ve lost her address.

Pat P

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
I'll have to dig it out - this booklet has the words John Deere and three
older style tractors on it!
Cheryl

On 1/13/04 12:01 PM, in article , "Ellice"
wrote:

LMK what the name of the one you did was, I kind of remember you posting

picture - or maybe I'm wrong.

ellice

On 1/13/04 11:43 AM,"Cheryl Isaak" posted:

Actually, I think I'd like it - as long as they aren't the same

designer
with those half sized full crosses on 18 aida!
Cheryl

On 1/13/04 10:47 AM, in article , "Ellice"
wrote:

On 1/13/04 6:40 AM,"Cheryl Isaak" posted:

Hey - its for DD - I'd redo it twice and it still wouldn't take as

long as
the tractor!
Cheryl

LOL - just teasing you. But I was thinking about your tractor the

other day.
When I was in the shop, there, in the stash of new books which hadn't

been
put up on the spinner yet - was a new book of TRACTORS! I think there

were 3
or 4 charts of various John Deeres - judging by the color. I was

sooooo
close to buying it for you - but thought it might come zinging back

aimed at
my head ;^)

Old January 16th 04, 04:26 AM
debbie frost

Mooning the fish, eh?

Giggles,
Debbie

"animaux" wrote in message
My next project is going to be that giant free chart Imblum gave away of

the
moon. It has four colors, I believe. My husband wants it for the

aquarium
back. Right now he has a black background and needs the moon. I may

just
stitch a portion of it. Talk about monotonous.

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:40:17 GMT, Cheryl Isaak
opined:

Hey - its for DD - I'd redo it twice and it still wouldn't take as long

as
the tractor!
Cheryl

On 1/13/04 1:28 AM, in article , "Ellice"
wrote:

On 1/12/04 11:52 PM,"Cheryl Isaak" posted:

It didn't look right - I finished one section thinking it looked

light. I
unrolled the frame and it glared!

Picky, picky ;^p

ellice

On 1/12/04 10:33 PM, in article

,
"animaux" wrote:

If it looks okay, can't you leave it?

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:05:27 GMT, Cheryl Isaak

opined:

I am so p.o'd at myself! I stitched all of series of backstitching

(words)
and realized I used the wrong color!

(*&)(&&^&*(^*

It's all picked out and I am ready to restart the section again!

Cheryl

Old January 24th 04, 05:44 AM
Ellice

On 1/15/04 3:11 AM,"Karen C - California" posted:

it's hard to find cute redheads!"

Send him my way!

LOL - he's a very cute young (23) guy. If I sent him, you'd have fun. Just
make sure there's plenty of ice around - for skating, and in the libations
;^)

ellice

Old January 24th 04, 05:48 AM
Ellice

On 1/15/04 8:19 AM,"Cheryl Isaak" posted:

wrote:

Tonight - my night was made - a guy we know from hockey - somewhat younger
than I (say he's about 23), from Calgary - great skater, good friend of a

*snip*
... Sweet boy - told me "Nah - really - you're
looking hot - it's going on - it's hard to find cute redheads!" So, what
more do I need to make for a good night - I ask you?

I'd take a little attention like that! Cute younger guy making eyes at me!

Can't we all! I don't know why DH wasn't chatting with us - I think he
actually got a little bit jealous. Good to have that once in a while - the
attention thing. Maybe it was the hugs and "c'ya kisses on the cheek, etc."
that had DH looking slightly miffed - or it could be thinking about the cute
guy scoring (on the ice) on him.

Ellice

Old January 24th 04, 05:49 AM
Ellice

On 1/15/04 9:08 AM,"animaux" posted:

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 01:37:50 -0500, Ellice opined:

Sure, just let me know. I'm not really sweet - but occasionally nice ;^)

(...)

You are sweet, damn it! And HOT! Wow. Just take the compliment. Look at
Demi
and that hunky thing. Now SHE is hot!

LOL - thanks, Vic. It was a good compliment. Yes, Demi is indeed hot.
Someday ;^) But, I wouldn't ever, ever, trade in DH.

ellice

Old January 24th 04, 04:07 PM
Karen C - California

In article , Ellice writes:

LOL - he's a very cute young (23) guy. If I sent him, you'd have fun. Just
make sure there's plenty of ice around - for skating, and in the libations
;^)

OK. If he comes out in the next couple weeks, we even have an outdoor rink
downtown (walking distance for a jock). There's a brand new rink, specially
designed for hockey, out in the burbs. Not sure if Iceland is still open;
closer to here, but not the best quality ice.

Libations are no problem.... Ernesto's, Chevy's on the River, Blue
Cue.......... If he likes super-icy, Huki-Lau has a variety of grown-up
Slurpees as the house specials.

--
Finished 12/14/03 -- Mermaid (Dimensions)
WIP: Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe, Guide the Hands (2d

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html

Lucky guy who bought stone (diamond/gold) for $5 and made millions Java Lisper Jewelry 9 January 18th 05 04:26 PM
OT - just letting you know how things are going Helen C Beads 11 October 1st 04 05:27 PM
A Ring Jack Schmidling Jewelry 21 September 5th 04 06:16 PM
Letting everyone know... Carol In WI Needlework 3 September 16th 03 04:12 AM
Letting Go or Giving In--Lampworkers' Thoughts, Please? Karen_AZ Beads 72 August 10th 03 02:41 AM