WANTED! - Gemstone Chips

Old November 25th 04, 01:57 AM
~~~Cindy~~~

Default WANTED! - Gemstone Chips

Hello,

I have been looking all over the internet but have had no luck
finding small gemstone chips with out bead holes. I need Green
Aventurine and Black Onix or Obsidian chips. If anyone knows of any
place I can get this it would be much appreciated. Thank you very much
in advance for all your help! )

- itzadreamer
Old November 25th 04, 08:16 AM
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

This came up from a google search on gem tree supplies;

https://www.therockhaus.com/gemtreesupplies.html

You could try some of the other sources that I saw by doing the same search.

Carl
1 Lucky Texan

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)
Old December 3rd 04, 05:35 AM
Yoshiyuki Mochizuki

Hi,

I can help you out. Do you need this tumbled or in rough? Also please
tell me the size range and quantity, I can surely help you out.
Old December 7th 04, 04:21 PM

Dear Itzadreamer,

I have good source of gems stone chips, beads wich having holes in very
competative price. Please visit below links and in mail my reference
(My Name Rahul Mehra) this site designed by me.
http://www.orissagems.com/Uncut_Chips.htm

thanks/regards

RAHUL MEHRA

Old December 8th 04, 07:18 AM
itzadreamer

Hey,

Thank you for your quick reply. We are looking for small sold
gemstone
chips with no holes in them. They need to be an 8th to a quarter inch
in
size. We are thinking Black Onyx and Malachite. We'll need enough black
Onyx to cover a 5 by 15 Rectangular area. and the same amount of
Malachite. How much do you think will be needed and how much will it
cost? Please let me know ASAP! It's for a Christmas Present
Thanks again! )

Old December 8th 04, 07:40 AM
Peter W.. Rowe,

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 23:16:58 -0800, in hõ "itzadreamer"
wrote:

Hey,

Thank you for your quick reply. We are looking for small sold
gemstone
chips with no holes in them. They need to be an 8th to a quarter inch
in
size. We are thinking Black Onyx and Malachite. We'll need enough black
Onyx to cover a 5 by 15 Rectangular area. and the same amount of
Malachite. How much do you think will be needed and how much will it
cost? Please let me know ASAP! It's for a Christmas Present
Thanks again! )

folks,

while I don't, as moderator of the group, especially mind posting this type of message,
you should be aware that replies like this really should be directed to email, not to
the newsgroup. For that matter, the original reply from the gem dealer probably should
have gone in email too, for the same reasons, though it might be more excused since it's
more in the interest of the dealer to make such a reply "in public", one of the few ways
of properly sidestepping the group's restrictions against advertising.

The points to remember a

1. Since all posts, including this one, in rec.crafts.jewelry, have to go through the
moderation process, that means there may be a significant time delay between when you
send your message, and when it's available for viewing, depending on when I next process
new messages for the group after you send it.

2. While direct email is often likely to be seen and read the next time the recipient
sits down at their computer, there is no guarantee that a person will soon check for
reply messages in a newsgroup. Further, messages are more easily lost in a bunch of
other general posts, so not only is the speed with which someone might see and respond
to a newsgroup reply less certain, but it's even less certain that your respondent will
even see your reply. Email is much more reliable for this.

3. In general, the newsgroup is a public bulletin board best suited to messages that
should be broadcast to multiple potential readers. A message on the newsgroup gets
posted in many many multiples, a seperate copy on each of the thousands of news servers
worldwide that carry the group. So a personal message to just one recipient is a vast
waste of internet resources,

4. Since a reply like this is directed to, and of interest to only the single
recipient, there is simply no purpose in making the rest of the world read the messages
that might best be simply kept private in direct email. Obviously, there will be times
when that is not possible, such as when you are replying to a post in which there is not
a valid reply email address given. Then, newsgroup replies are fine. In this case,
though, the gem dealers web site gives multiple ways for a person to reach them
directly. You did, itazgem, notice that the fellow is in India, didn't you? You may
need to hurry to get your merchandise in time for christmas.

by the way, a couple other thoughts. I've occasionally seen small packets of mixed
tumbled chips sold as aquarium decorations. Not sure they're small enough for your use,
but try. Also look for any local "rock" shops or lapidary dealers in your area. And
finally, in your posting you mention a 5 x 17 rectangle. You might wish to specify
units of measure. If that's a 5 x 15 millimeter area, a couple chips is all you need.
if it's centimeters, inches, or feet, instead of millimeters, then you'll need more,
but we don't have any way to know which...... And have you checked into the
"craftstones" company? They're the folks who make gemstone chip "tree" kits...

Peter Rowe
moderator
rec.crafts.jewelry
Old December 8th 04, 05:49 PM
itzadreamer

Hello,

Thank you for emailing me. It was definitely not my intent to break
any rules. I've seen people post such things on other threads and
didn't realize that it wasn't something I should be doing.

Google Groups has changed a bit I didn't see the email address of
the person that had replied to my post so I just replied there. I'm
just now seeing the "Show options" link to the right of the person's
name.

Thank you again for your time I'll look into this matter further
through email and elsewhere. If anyone is still interested in emailing
me about this issue please feel free. )

Peter W.. Rowe, wrote:
On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 23:16:58 -0800, in h=F5 "itzadreamer"

=20
Peter Rowe
moderator
rec.crafts.jewelry

Old December 25th 04, 05:27 PM
Susan Welsh

where an abundance of abortion clinics
thrive and hot French bread is always available.

2 cleaned fetuses, head on
2 eggs
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 cup seasoned flour
oil enough for deep frying
1 loaf French bread
Lettuce
tomatoes
mayonnaise, etc.

Marinate the fetuses in the egg-mustard mixture.
Dredge thoroughly in flour.
Fry at 375° until crispy golden brown.
Remove and place on paper towels.

Holiday Youngster

One can easily adapt this recipe to ham, though as presented,
it violates no religious taboos against swine.

1 large toddler or small child, cleaned and de-headed
Kentucky Bourbon Sauce (see index)
1 large can pineapple slices
Whole cloves

Place him (or ham) or her in a large glass baking dish, buttocks up.
Tie with butcher string around and across so that he looks like
he?s crawling.
Glaze, then arrange pineapples and secure with cloves.
Bake uncovered in 350° oven till thermometer reaches 160°.

Cajun Babies

Just like crabs or crawfish, babies are boiled alive!
You don?t need silverware, the hot spicy meat comes off in your hands.

6 live babies
1 lb. smoked sausage
4 lemons
whole garlic
2 lb. new potatoes
4 ears corn
1 box salt
crab boil

Bring 3 gallons of water to a boil.
Add sausage, salt, crab boil, lemons and garlic.
Drop potatoes in, boil for 4 minutes.
Corn is added next, boil an additional 11 minutes.
Put the live babies into the boiling water and cover.
Boil till meat comes off easily with a fork.

Oven-Baked Baby-Back Ribs

Beef ribs or pork ribs can be used in this recipe,
and that is exactly what your dinner guests will assume!
An excellent way to expose the uninitiated to this highly misunderstood
yet succulent source of protein.

2 human baby rib racks
3 cups barbecue sauce or honey glaze (see index)
Salt
black pepper
wh