OT - I'm pretty proud of my company and the Canadian Gov't

Old January 11th 05, 05:41 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default OT - I'm pretty proud of my company and the Canadian Gov't

My employer launched a charitable appeal for tsunami relief and we got the
final results today. I was pretty impressed, both with the generousity of my
co-workers, the matching funds from my employer and most especially, the
unexpected matching funds from the Canadian government. Cool, huh?

At the conclusion of the Hummingbird South East Asian Tsunami Worldwide
Appeal, I am most privileged to report to you that we presented to Unicef
yesterday afternoon, cheques totaling $100, 000 Cdn.!

This comprised a cheque representing Hummingbird's employee contribution
worldwide, of an astounding $41, 145 Cdn, and a cheque representing
Hummingbird's corporate contribution of $58,855 Cdn!

Together with the Canadian Government's employee matching program, our total
funds for Unicef will amount to a staggering $141, 145 Cdn!

--
Barbara

Old January 11th 05, 05:46 PM
Kandice Seeber

Wow - that's wonderful!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old January 11th 05, 06:05 PM
Diana Curtis

Way to go!
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old January 11th 05, 07:12 PM

[...]

You work for a company full of caring people! Please, pop a button for me.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Vicki V
Pax