Arjen Jongeling, een oude bekende

Old June 15th 04, 06:34 PM
Arjen Jongeling

Default Arjen Jongeling, een oude bekende

Hoewel, Arjen Jongeling is hier nog nooit geweest en ik denk dat Arjen Jongeling hier ook nooit meer zal terugkomen. Sterker nog, Arjen Jongeling zit hier helemaal fout. Maar ja, het doet het goed in de Google archieven.

Old June 15th 04, 06:41 PM
Candace

In case anyone is wondering--this is the translation for all this..(not
perfect)

Although, ears youth have here never been and I think that ears youth here also
never more will return. More strongly still, ears youth sit here entirely
wrong. But yes, it does it well in the Google files.

Hoewel, Arjen Jongeling is hier nog nooit geweest en ik denk dat Arjen
Jongeling hier ook nooit meer zal terugkomen. Sterker nog, Arjen Jongeling
zit hier helemaal fout. Maar ja, het doet het goed in de Google archieven.

~Candace~
Orphan Beads Low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Old June 15th 04, 09:17 PM
Marisa2

*LOL*

It means "Although Arjen Jongeling has never been here and I don't think
that Arjen Jongeling will never be back [yes, this sentence is missing
something/is not grammatically correct]. Even more importantly, Arjen
Jongeling is totally wrong here. But yes, he does good in the Google
archives.

Ok my translation isn't much different. The main difference is that it
didn't notice that Arjen Jongeling is a name (though it might be a pun
or something).

What is this from?

marisa2

Candace wrote:

In case anyone is wondering--this is the translation for all this..(not
perfect)

Although, ears youth have here never been and I think that ears youth here also
never more will return. More strongly still, ears youth sit here entirely
wrong. But yes, it does it well in the Google files.

Hoewel, Arjen Jongeling is hier nog nooit geweest en ik denk dat Arjen
Jongeling hier ook nooit meer zal terugkomen. Sterker nog, Arjen Jongeling
zit hier helemaal fout. Maar ja, het doet het goed in de Google archieven.

~Candace~
Orphan Beads Low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Teva Yafae Original Designs
inspired by nature

For unique jewelry or apparel, or to learn about having your
own Jewelry home-party or children's party, please visit:

http://www.tevayafae.com

Old June 15th 04, 09:42 PM
Karleen/Vibrant Jewels

Trollville, The Netherlands? LOL

What is this from?

marisa2

Old June 15th 04, 10:48 PM
Candace

It showed up earlier on RCB....so I threw it in a translator, and came up with
what I posted LOL.

--

================================================= ==============

Old June 15th 04, 11:01 PM
Marisa2

I am not happy with Mozilla. It doesn't always thread correctly.

marisa2

================================================ ===============

Old June 16th 04, 12:59 AM
Bungadora

The origin of names fascinates me. Assuming Arjen Jongeling is a name and that
Arjen means 'ears', why did his parents call him that? Did he look like a
little Dumbo when he was born or what?
Dora

Old June 16th 04, 02:29 AM
Marisa2

I'm not sure how it decided "arjen" meant ears. Ears in Dutch is "oren".

I can't believe it is a real name. "Jongeling" means "youngster",
something like that. Dutch is not my first language so I wouldn't
necessarily catch a pun or cultural reference if that is what it is.

marisa2

=============================================== ================

Old June 16th 04, 01:59 PM
Bungadora

Or an older version of Dutch, I suppose. Languages change over the centuries.
Still, I often wonder why people have 'that' name. What did their ancestors do,
where did they live, for what were they most known in their community? One
thing I like to do when people watching is to try to visualize how people would
have been dressed a few hundred years ago, according to assumed cultural
origin. Keeps me entertained.
Dora

Kathy N-V

Or they could be from another culture. DD has classmates named Hao Kao
(pronounced How Cow), Wei Wang and Huey Tranh (a girl). I had a cow orker
named Yu Gay - which really isn't an easy name for a guy living in the US.

Kathy N-V (who had cousins named Horst and Heinz - eww)