bulk bead buying

Old November 11th 03, 02:24 PM
roxan

Default bulk bead buying

Has any one tried buying bulk bead from the bulk bead yahoo group?
Roxan

Old November 11th 03, 02:31 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

I've been involved in a Swarovski buy and a Bali Silver buy so far. I think
there are quite a few folks here that participate.

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Need web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com

Old November 11th 03, 02:44 PM
Tink

I've participated in a number of buys. It's a great thing, provided you are
looking for the best price as opposed to a quick turnaround time.

--
Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
New auctions up, including Victorian Holly
http://snurl.com/2pun

Old November 11th 03, 03:57 PM
meijhana

HEH.

Not only do I buy...I am running a lot of them.

FMG, Foreign Source (findings - closed, awaiting shipment of ~$9000 worth of
silver), 925balisilver (shipping one that was over $12,000 worth of silver,
and just send in an order for about $6,000 worth), plus have done several
others in the past (plasa bali, vitabeads, swarovksi).

In fact, I am doing an unofficial run to the store that I picked up those
wonderful swarovskis, to pick them up for people on the board...about $500
worth.

WHEW...I would say I participate.

Mary

--
Joy multiplies when it is shared among friends, but grief diminishes with
every division. That is life.

Old November 11th 03, 03:59 PM
meijhana

as tink said, you have to be prepared for a turnaround time. We are
volunteers doing this. I thought it would take me around 2 weeks to mail
back out the Bali, but because of mistakes in the learning process of having
to make labels, I missed about 1/2, so had to make a bunch by hand. Between
that, mini-burnouts, and on occasion taking a day to have a life (and the
other buys), it has taken me a little longer than I thought to mail out.
This next one should be a little better.

Mary

Old November 11th 03, 06:34 PM
roxan

I tried to register on the yahoo one but couldn't remember my password. I
will try again. It sounds like a great way to buy beads and I am not in a
hurry for them since I have so many now and not enough time to create more
pieces. But there is always room for one more batch of good beads.
Roxan

Old November 11th 03, 09:12 PM
Dr. Sooz

I gotta start joining in on these bulk buys. Maybe in a couple of weeks, when
all these RCBers are outta my hair.......(I CAN'T WAIT TIL YOU'RE ALL
HEEEEEEEEEEERE!!)

SHRIEKYYYYYYYYYYYY
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old November 11th 03, 09:30 PM
MargieK

On 11 Nov 2003 21:12:43 GMT, uppies (Dr. Sooz)
wrote:

SHRIEKYYYYYYYYYYYY

Wow, Sooz. I heard that all the way over here. ;=)

--
Margie
http://snurl.com/2u8t

Old November 12th 03, 12:17 AM
Kaytee

In article , "roxan"
writes:

Has any one tried buying bulk bead from the bulk bead yahoo group?

Yes.

Some buys are all you hope they will be... others leave a lot to be desired.
Some hosts are very on-top of things, and keep everybody informed about status
of the order, and get products to buyers as quickly as humanly possible (Mary
is like this...).

As for others.... well, I'm STILL waiting for an order that I paid for in
March. No communications from the original host, and the person who "took over"
hasn't been able to find my order yet, either, despite multiple "resends" of
the information. And, this was not a case of the manufacturer causing problems
(whaich also happens sometimes).
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/simplexities

Old November 12th 03, 01:19 AM
Dr. Sooz

SHRIEKYYYYYYYYYYYY

Wow, Sooz. I heard that all the way over here. ;=)

Haw!
Kathy (KDK) has seen the Hallway of Shrieking now.....
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links