Can't find Needlework =8-O

Old April 3rd 04, 02:54 AM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

Default Can't find Needlework =8-O

Hi Guys,
I am TOTALLY bummed! I finished the birth sampler for DD early last autumn
and put it away for safe keeping. I was getting into the heavy holiday work
and knew I wouldn't have time to do the finishing until the spring. Well,
spring is here and now I can't find the *#$*#$^& sampler! I have gone through
the sewing room umptyzillion times and it's nowhere to be found!
I can find the backing fabric. I can find the lining fabric. I can find the
cording for the trim. I can even find the bell pull hardware. I just can't
find the sampler itself!!! It can't have gotten stuffed into some little nook
because I had it wrapped around a cardboard core that was wrapped with acid
free tissue and the whole thing was wrapped in tissue. Now way could it have
gotten folded up and stuffed in somewhere!
I suppose I need to pull all of the plastic storage boxes out from under the
storage shelves. It might have gotten pushed to the back against the wall and
then slithered down behind the storage box. The boxes are wider at the top
than the bottom so there would be room and they don't sit flush up against the
wall. VBS -- I really don't want to have to move all of my stuff and start
pullling out those heavy boxes but it's the only thing I can think of! Oh
well -- send good thought my way so that I don't lose my patience and end up
tossing those heavy boxes over the stair rail in frustration -- LOLOL!
CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old April 3rd 04, 04:37 AM
Olwynmary

spring is here and now I can't find the *#$*#$^& sampler! I have gone
through
the sewing room umptyzillion times and it's nowhere to be found!

(giggle) Could this perhaps be the needlework fairy's way of telling you you
have too much stuff??? (vbg!!) Or perhaps she is just cross with you for not
finishing something you started with so much enthusiasm???

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old April 3rd 04, 04:49 AM
Texasxsgal1

Tia Mary
This is a jobfor St. anthony (patron saint of lost objects ... andof San
antonio hmmmmmm LOL)
hopeyou find it right quick
kathy
san antonio
Old April 3rd 04, 08:35 PM
Karen C - California

In article , Debra
writes:

I predict you will find it as soon as you stop looking for it and try
to find something else. It always works that way with me.

Yep. I couldn't find a very expensive book. Ordered a new copy. It arrived,
and within 24 hours, I found the first one.

Announce loudly to the spirits "I am going to start a new birth sampler". Pick
up a needle and floss and start backstitching the name. Once you get the first
name done, decide it's time for another Coke. Open the fridge, and the
gremlins will have your original sampler draped over yesterday's roast beef.
You now have a birth sampler and a personalized bookmark.

--
Finished 3/17/04 -- Elmo
WIP: Fireman's Prayer, Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old April 5th 04, 05:34 PM
Joan Erickson

Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply wrote:

Hi Guys,
I am TOTALLY bummed! I finished the birth sampler for DD early last autumn
and put it away for safe keeping. I was getting into the heavy holiday work

Is it possible it got in *with* the holiday stuff by accident?

--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)