Round Robins

Old January 15th 04, 01:28 AM
renae

Default Round Robins

Hi Everyone,

I've only recently discovered Round Robins and am curious about them. Could
someone give me some current websites that organise them. I have found a few
sites but they seem to be out of date. I'm not sure how I will go, as I am
in Australia (dont know whether many operate in Australia or if overseas
RR's would be prepared to send to Australia).

Take Care
Renae

Old January 15th 04, 04:06 AM
Rhea

Renea,

I have asked the same question here recently. I was involved in a round robin
several years ago and I really enjoyed it. But apparently, people didn't
participate like they should and they kind of fell by the way side. I wanted
to find another one too, but no luck so far.

ubject: Round Robins

Old January 15th 04, 02:38 PM
Bex

Hi,

There are many Round Robin groups in the Yahoo groups that involve
Australia.

Hmm its just after midnight, so let me get my head into gear & I will let
you know some of the groups lol
They have round robins etc. If you join them, they may be able to offer
advice on who else to join up to, so you can do other round robins.
from all over the world. They are probably the biggest group I belong to &
they do lots of Round Robins. They have no limits as to where you can be
from.

or "round robins" & check them out ) I always go look at what they have to
offer & if I like the sound of them, I'll join. Many are moderated & you
need to get approval to join, just hold tight while they decide. I have
never seen anyone turn anyone down. If you decide after a month or so that
you dont like it or don't think they can offer you anything then leave ) I
have met some great people through some of these groups )

Also try http://groups.msn.com/browse.msnw & do a search for Cross Stitch
there as well. There is a place called "Pattern Swap Club", which is mainly
Australians, but they do have a few Americans & some Kiwis too (myself
included, although I live in Aus now lol)

Their page is http://groups.msn.com/patternswapclub/ They are a great group
& we're all friendly ) You'll have lots of fun with us in there )

Hope all that helps. If I can help you anymore or you have any questions
about what Ive said in here, then please email me & I'll try & help you

Cheers
Rebecca

Old January 15th 04, 11:26 PM
renae

Thanks for such a comprehensive reply. I can see that I've got lots to check
out - how exciting. I'm going there right now.

By the way, where in Aus are you?

thanks again and take care
Renae
"Bex" wrote in message
Hi,

There are many Round Robin groups in the Yahoo groups that involve
Australia.

Hmm its just after midnight, so let me get my head into gear & I will let
you know some of the groups lol

only.
They have round robins etc. If you join them, they may be able to offer
advice on who else to join up to, so you can do other round robins.
from all over the world. They are probably the biggest group I belong to &
they do lots of Round Robins. They have no limits as to where you can be
from.

Stitch"

Old January 17th 04, 10:17 AM
Rosemary Peeler

Hello Renae,

Rosemary in Melbourne here. I have so far only participated in one
Round Robin. I think I was the only Aussie out of 9 participants in
mine. The others were in the USA, Canada (I think) and England.
One piece did go astray on its way to me, but turned up eventually.
It had been sent Surface Mail even though Airmail had been paid
for.

It was a lot of fun, and I have a lovely piece (different houses and
one shop) that was contributed to by a bunch of different people.
I don't remember who organised this one, but someone used to
post here on rctn about them. Maybe the person who posted the
info isn't here any more.

I hope you can find a group to participate with.

Bye for now.

Rosemary

Old January 17th 04, 04:06 PM
renae

Hi Rosemary,

Thanks for your reply. RR's sound interesting although I have heard of some
problems with them. I am looking forward to hopefully participating in one
in the future.

Take Care
Renae

wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I've only recently discovered Round Robins and am curious about them.

Could
someone give me some current websites that organise them. I have found a

few
sites but they seem to be out of date. I'm not sure how I will go, as I

am
in Australia (dont know whether many operate in Australia or if overseas
RR's would be prepared to send to Australia).

Take Care
Renae

ISO: Two Round White Coin Pearls Kathy N-V Beads 0 December 19th 04 06:59 AM
flat round peyote stitch? Amber Beads 5 November 6th 04 02:41 PM
Round Robin Rhea Needlework 15 January 5th 04 04:08 PM
ISO round drop beads Deborah Beads 0 October 25th 03 01:19 AM
How to make a round bead? meijhana Beads 13 October 7th 03 07:13 AM