Old Fimo

Old May 3rd 05, 03:32 AM
Fenrir Enterprises

Default Old Fimo

This newsgroup is abnormally quiet lately...

Forgot just how tough original Fimo is to condition. Gave up on trying
to condition it (it hasn't partially cured, it's just /tough/, so I
can't just get rid of it...) and chopped it into tiny bits, and have
it coated in Sculpey diluent. So I'll have Sculpey III instead of Fimo
now. Now I have to use all my leftovers and sell off some beads and
jewelery so I can buy Premo.

Speaking of which, I have several unopened packages of older Fimo. I
know some people were dissappointed that some colors were
discontinued, so if anyone needs any of these to finish a project,
just let me know. They all 'give' when squeezed, but are, of course,
probably incredibly tough to condition.

0 White
1 Yellow
7 Caramel
32 Light Turquoise
37 Blue x3
38 Turquoise (looks like green to me)
57 Leaf Green x2
58 Fir Green
60 Lilac
62 Lavender
77 Terra Cotta
81 Silver
S5 China Jade
S32 Turquoise
T21 Transparent Pink Rose

And 6 packs of first release Fimo Soft Fluorescent Yellow, which isn't
all that fluorescent or soft.

....waiting for Michaels to do the .99 sale on clay so I can stock up
on Premo and start caning.

P.S. Anyone have any opinions on the Amaco pasta machine from
Michaels? Am considering buying one with a 40% off coupon.
Old May 3rd 05, 08:37 AM
Carla

Fenrir Enterprises wrote:

P.S. Anyone have any opinions on the Amaco pasta machine from
Michaels? Am considering buying one with a 40% off coupon.

Works fine, as far as I'm concerned. I wish the c-clamp was a bit
longer, though. I've been using it since last summer. It's pretty sturdy.

Cheers,
Carla
Old May 3rd 05, 01:34 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

The amaco machine is just as good as any other. You might also want to
scour your local flea market or garage sales for a used one. Although at
the 40% off coupon price, it's a pretty good deal.

Fimo makes a conditioner for conditioning now, so instead of getting rid
of your old stock, you might want to try that, with an old food
processor to chop it up/condition it.

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay & Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Nurturing doesn't end at birth: breastfeed, co-sleep, babywear.

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting? Check out
http://www.lyonshost.com. Shopping carts, blogs, image galleries,
content management and more!
Old May 3rd 05, 02:24 PM
Sarajane Helm

the new pasta machines sold by Amaco are different--there is no noodle
attachments, and the bolts are welded on, so they cannot be taken apart for
cleaning and blade replacement as the others can. Nor did we find the blades
to be as sturdy, which is just wrong, because pasta is softer than
clay--these are supposedly "for clay".

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art

Old October 8th 05, 04:38 AM

I don't suppose you still have that old Fimo? I just found this
newsgroup and this message -- I prefer the old Fimo, tough as it is...

Thanks.

Fenrir Enterprises wrote:

[...]

Any good books on fimo beads? Oppie Beads 19 November 8th 04 12:49 PM
Very Old Fimo Suzie-Q Polymer Clay 7 November 2nd 04 02:26 PM
Puppen Fimo & Fimo Rachel Polymer Clay 10 January 3rd 04 08:39 PM
Fimo For Sale Juanita Floyd Polymer Clay 0 November 29th 03 07:06 PM
Fimo going cheap in UK ShelleyM Polymer Clay 2 September 13th 03 01:44 PM