Please help me identify my New Home Sewing Machine

Old June 3rd 04, 03:30 AM
Frosty772

Default Please help me identify my New Home Sewing Machine

I had the luck of coming across (Ok, I came across it about 2 months ago at a
thrift store and have drooled over it everytime I saw it. Guess hubby got sick
of me and bought it himself LOL) a new home sewing machine. It was $10 ($12
originally but the guy knocked of the two dollars cause he really wanted to be
rid of it !!). The cabinet came with it so really it was $5 each. Any how I
have NO idea what model it is. I cant find anything on the machine that would
give me any hints. This is going to be my quilting machine and my other (Janome
LE) is strictly regular sewing. It has what appears to be every attachement
possibly made for the machine (15 or so). I even found some old sewing needles
(looked like they have been inside it since the 40's They are still in the
packages.)

The color of the machine is chocolate brown. The whole body is metal. It looks
like it has a side loading bobbin. A turning wheel on the side to move the
needle up and down. Metal plate on the left side of the machine. A side petal
instead of a foot one ( I love that idea)

Any suggestions. I really need an idea of what model this is so I can go about
getting a manual.

TIA
Tammy
Old June 3rd 04, 03:04 PM
Frosty772

Actually further investigating has revealed that it is a "light runner". It is
a trendle machine that has been converted to an electric. I guess there was an
A and B model but mine doesnt tell which it is.

Now my problem is it wont stitch. The thread keeps breaking off before it will
stitch anything. The needle and thread is new. The bobbin looks like its been
there awhile. I would wind a new one but cant figure it out on the new
machine. Should I wind a new bobbin on my other machine and try it and see if
that it the problem. Or maybe I have it threaded incorrectly?

TIA
Tammy
Old June 5th 04, 07:49 PM
Debra

On 03 Jun 2004 14:04:08 GMT, ocrap (Frosty772)
wrote:

Actually further investigating has revealed that it is a "light runner". It is
a trendle machine that has been converted to an electric. I guess there was an
A and B model but mine doesnt tell which it is.

Now my problem is it wont stitch. The thread keeps breaking off before it will
stitch anything. The needle and thread is new. The bobbin looks like its been
there awhile. I would wind a new one but cant figure it out on the new
machine. Should I wind a new bobbin on my other machine and try it and see if
that it the problem. Or maybe I have it threaded incorrectly?

TIA
Tammy

Could be the bobbin thread isn't unwinding correctly, or the bobbin
is not installed correctly, or maybe it's no longer able to spin
smoothly. Could be the new needle has a burr in the eye as a factory
defect. Could be the thread isn't as good as you think it is as I
have found some that looked fine at first but it had thicker places in
it, and others that looked fine but broke easily as if it had dry
rotted on the spool before it was bought, and once I had a spool that
just would not unwind properly because it wasn't wound correctly when
it was made. Could also be the tension on the machine is set too
high or the tension thingy needs cleaning or a repair.

It could also be that the old bobbin thread and the new needle thread
are refusing to work together. I had that happen once while trying to
sew a garment. The needle thread broke every time I tried to sew.
I'd wind a new bobbin with the same thread you are using in the needle
and see if that solves the problem.
Debra in VA