Does anyone use small scraps?

Old February 8th 04, 11:12 AM
Wendy Young

Default Does anyone use small scraps?

Does anyone here need/use small scraps? If so how small is small and what is
the smallest you'd find useful?
I'd be happy to cover postage if they were finding a good home.

Wendy
in Luxembourg

Old February 8th 04, 11:51 AM
Carolyn McCarty

I use scraps small enough to get a one-and-a-half-inch square or triangle.
But I wouldn't expect you to pay postage from Luxembourg! Someone closer to
your location should post a reply. So sweet of you to offer these, one of
the fun things about postage stamp quilts is in getting small scraps from
other sewers who buy fabrics you can't get locally.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green
If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. Carolyn McCarty

Old February 8th 04, 01:23 PM
Roberta Zollner

I use everything down to 1.5". Use smaller scraps too, just not very
consistently :-) And I'm in Europe!
Roberta in D

Old February 8th 04, 09:29 PM
Pati Cook

She probably won't say, but our own nzl* uses small bits for her wonderful
appliqué.

Pati, in Phx who is getting another envelope of them ready to mail out sometime
in the next month or so.. I hope.

Old February 9th 04, 06:28 AM
D&D

Fusible applique often requires pieces smaller than 1.5 inches.

Dee in Oz

"Pati Cook" wrote

Old February 10th 04, 12:40 AM
nzl*

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...93084938BgsCGC
those wee green leaf shapes on the righthand block are about 3/4" long,
fused/blanket-stitched on. i hope those blocks are doing a good job hugging
helen now at such a sad time in her life.
jeanne
i think its time to do some more wee fuse applique blocks just cuz i love
how they turned out...showing how tiny pieces can look so pretty
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"D&D" wrote...

Old February 11th 04, 08:39 AM
D&D

The smallest I have done are about 1/4 " long. I do cheat sometimes, like
with the wings on the bees on the cushions where I cut 1 piece for 2 wings
and put the body over the top of the wings. The holes on the Bird House WH
are about the same size but were a bit fiddly 'coz they were round.

Dee in Oz

"nzl*" wrote