OFF TOPIC - pierced ears

Old November 28th 07, 02:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default OFF TOPIC - pierced ears

Do her a favor and never get her cheap earrings. Always get 10K gold,
platinum, or surgical steel.

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I've pretty much decided that for Xmas, DD will get a pair of nice earrings
and gift certificate for pierced ears.

Good for you !

Now to find them.....

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.
Old November 28th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Wandered back into the room from fixing dinner and heard Nicole
Ritchie's theory on tattoos -- she has 9, her fiance' has more, the kids
won't want any because kids don't want to be anything like mom and dad.

So maybe that's the solution to kids who really really want a tattoo ...
decide that you want half a dozen yourself.

--
Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

Finished 10/21/07 - Floral Elegance Collection "Crocus"

WIP: The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel,
Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel

Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com
Design page http://www.KarenMCampbell.com/designs.html

Old November 28th 07, 06:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Karen ,
Education is not about
`picking battles` , nore about `save the argument[s]` , educating is
living every moment in the manner one expects or hopes a child will
learn from . But it also about giving choices , and tools to choose
with ,,,
mirjam

lucretia borgia wrote:

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:52:41 GMT, "Diana"
opined:

I love taking the fun of rebellion out of rebellion. (snerk)

Way to go ! With so many other really bad things teens can get into
what's an earring or two lol

Absolutely. Pick your battles. If the kids know you're reasonable
about some things, they're more likely to listen when you say No to
something else that means more.

Although I personally choose not to have holes in my ears (I'm not a
girly-girl and never was), I see nothing wrong with it for those who
want them. I would save the argument for things like
grades/smoking/drinking/drugs/fornication that can cause much more
trouble long-term than wanting to wear cute earrings.

And, yes, Cheryl, I will keep my eyes open for ladybugs. (Hockey is not
such a big thing around here, so I don't expect to find any of those.)

Old November 28th 07, 11:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Margaret St. John

On 2007-11-28, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:
Do her a favor and never get her cheap earrings. Always get 10K gold,
platinum, or surgical steel.

I second this. but I'll add anything hypoallergenic. I have metal allergies
so I have to where the good stuff or anything from simplywhispers.com
they are wonderful. I have never had any issues whearing their jewelery, and
they have a nice kids section.
-Margaret

--
\\ o o
|\/ o\ o

|/\ / Let it snow!!
http://www.silverthorn.org/mstjohn
///

Old November 28th 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Not to worry! I found that out myself years ago.

Old November 28th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

Education is not about
`picking battles` , nore about `save the argument[s]` , educating is
living every moment in the manner one expects or hopes a child will
learn from . But it also about giving choices , and tools to choose
with ,,,

Mirjam,

The issue of choosing one's battles means that you major on the majors
and minor on the minors, and don't make a mountain out of a molehill.
Some things are truly minor in the long run and not worth making a major
stink about, and other things are more important.

For example, lining young children up for a Spanish Inquisition type of
interrogation for one missing pen, fork, battery, or whatever other
equally trivial, easily misplaced by anybody, and equally replaceable
item you may think of is overkill and not a battle that any sensible
parent should choose to make a major issue of, but things like illegal
drugs and other things that can cause major damage to one's health are
more important to enforce rigorously.

Old November 28th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/28/07 9:26 AM, in article ,

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

[...]

Well said Melinda. Parenting must be easier in other countries.

Old November 28th 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

On 11/28/07 9:26 AM, in article ,

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

[...]

Ditto on the well said.

As to parenting being easier, I strongly doubt that. As a matter of fact, I
suspect that in a place that is under constant threat of annihilation, it's
even harder.

Lucille