OT Dyson won !

Old March 30th 10, 01:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
lyn5

Default OT Dyson won !

After asking,awhile back about what kind of vacuum you all had and
liked----the Dyson won!! Got the purple dude, came home and vacuumed
--almost got ill at seeing all the dirt it picked up my other had
left. Now there is no excuse not to clean. Thanks again to all that
gave me input.

lyn
Old March 30th 10, 03:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

I love my purple Dyson. May you have many happy- and clean- years together!
(Every quilter who posts about their new Dyson makes a comment about the
dirt their old vac had left behind... don't feel badly. VBG)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old March 30th 10, 05:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

Would a Dyson be just as good on stone/tile floors?

I don't have a single carpet in the house, just ceramic tiles.

Claudia
Old March 30th 10, 05:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

And quick and free is good too. I like to take the 6" x whatever scraps of
batting and attach them to my Swifter mop and swoosh around on my sewing
room / kitchen floor. Batting will attract and snare threads, leaves, pet
hair and assorted other strays. Can't certify that it is clean but it
surely does look better. Polly

Old March 30th 10, 06:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

Is the Dyson relatively quiet? My vacuum is so loud it hurts my ears!

Donna in SW Idaho

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4983 (20100329) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old March 30th 10, 12:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

For my three beloved HairyButts and my Dyson- Hoover completely ignores it
(that might have something to do with his name??? LOL), Simon will not
move away until I get the vac within about 3 feet of him and Daisy runs
outdoors as soon as the Dyson moves more than two inches.... before it's
even plugged in or turned on. But then Daisy had a very, very 'difficult'
life before she came to live with us. So the noise isn't bad enough to
upset my boys' ears and who knows what monsters lurk in dear Daisy's mind???

I've had my Dyson 6 years and still love it! And it's still going strong
having sucked up a few million pounds of dog hair and dirt tracked in by my
furry kids. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old March 30th 10, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathyl

"lyn5" wrote in message
After asking,awhile back about what kind of vacuum you all had and
liked----the Dyson won!! *Got the purple dude, came home and vacuumed
--almost got ill at seeing all the dirt it picked up my other had
left. Now there is no excuse not to clean. Thanks again to all that
gave me input.

lyn

signature database 4983 (20100329) __________

http://www.eset.com

I was at my local vacuum repair place and the Dyson's to be fixed
outnumbered that other brands almost 2:1. That could be a reflection
of the number of Dysons being used however. But my fellow said most
of them couldn't be fixed for less than what a new one would cost. I
have a feeling most small appliances are that way any more. Sad, but
true.
KJ
Old March 31st 10, 01:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Dysons don't even like thin carpets or area rugs so I doubt that they'd
love bare floors.

If you have new carpets check the warranty before buying a Dyson. They
are so hard on carpets that some carpet companies will void the warranty
if a Dyson is used on it.

We returned one after a day. It sucked the carpet up and into the
vacuum and was horrendously noisy.

marcella

In article
,

Old March 31st 10, 03:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
lyn5

*claudia wrote:
Would a Dyson be just as good on stone/tile floors?

I don't have a single carpet in the house, just ceramic tiles.

Claudia- Hide quoted text -

I used it on all my tile floors also and it worked great--just turned
off the beater bar.

lyn
Old March 31st 10, 03:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Mine has a bare floor setting. I don't use it on the bare floors though.
Just doesn't seem worth the trouble. There is only has one carpet setting
so I see where that could be a huge deal for a lot of kinds of carpets.
They really do hate area rug edges. I have to say they do pick up really
well. With all the hairy creatures here the thing here gets a workout. I
hate the beater bar that always needs cleaned though. I won't buy another
dyson until mr. dyson works on that.
Taria

OT Dyson--Roomba The Laws Quilting 3 November 17th 05 06:32 PM
Question for Ellice - Dyson Vacuum SNR Needlework 7 June 13th 04 12:17 PM
OFF TOPIC Eliice and the Dyson Cheryl Isaak Needlework 3 June 8th 04 11:15 PM
OT Any pet owners with "Dyson Animal" (purple) vacuum cleaner? Leslie in Missouri Quilting 10 May 19th 04 02:21 AM