OT Weather

Old May 14th 08, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate T.

Default OT Weather

Went to the grocery this afternoon. The weather started looking bad.
Turned on the radio, the discussion was the amount of rain in the
Baton Rouge Louisiana area. They got 6 inches of rain in one hour.
Flash flood warnings.

When I got home I turned on my all hazards radio. Tornado watch
number 321 is in affect.

Can you believe it, 321 tornado watchs so far this year.

NOOA weather radio is calling for rain, hail, damaging winds and
possible tornados tonight and all day tomorrow, with rain fall of 3 to
6 inches and winds in excess of 50 m.p.h.

So all those living in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama, get the
lawn furniture in the garage, the puppies and kittens in the house and
bonk your better half in the head to get them out of the fishing boats
or off the golf course.

Kate T. South Mississippi
Old May 15th 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Holy Cow, Kate. DH says that some places in LA have gotten 12" of rain.
We're going to run empty the Yorkie before he gets afraid and can't / won't
go. How did you do? It's coming this way. Polly

"Kate T." warned Went to the grocery this afternoon. The weather started

Old May 15th 08, 06:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate T.

We got the snot kicked out of us tonight. Tree limbs down, trash cans
went flying next door, couple of umbrella tables rolling down the
street. With the first crack of lightening striking the pine trees,
the kittens came running, scared to death. I opened the door and they
bounced in. One poor little critter couldn't put on the brakes fast
enough, slid right into the door on the opposite side of the room.

Louisiana has all kinds of flash flood warnings and watches. My
county in Mississippi has flash flood warnings. GREAT!!!! Can't see
my back yard so I don't know how high the water has risen till
daylight. More strong storms predicted all day tomorrow and might end
by Friday. NOAA is calling for an additional 4 inches by daylight.
This is going to be another night of cutting quilt pieces, drinking
coffee and eating a chocolate cake I bought today.

We have a grocery chain called Winn Dixie. They make a chocolate cake
that is heavenly. Its called Devil Dog cake.

Devils food cake with whipped cream between the layers about a half
inch thick. More whipped cream on top, then drizzled with fudge sauce
and topped with crushed pecans.

next couple days.

Once this storm is over I'm going to sleep for a week.

Kate T. South Mississippi

Old May 15th 08, 08:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne Gottliebsen

I hope everyone is okay - this kind of weather can be so devastating.

But I also want to say, it took me a little while (next line, at least)
to realise that "Tornado watch number 321" referred to the 321st tornado
watch of the year. My first thought was "Wow, they have _that_ many
different kinds of tornado watches?".

My excuse is that I only lived in tornado watch country for 2.5 years!

Hanne in London

Old May 15th 08, 01:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle [email protected]

Kate,
Glad you are OK so far, want to share some of the rain?
We have been 38 days with no measurable rain, no grass left.
Winding down on an 10,000 acre fire that has made 20+ homes ashes and
another 150+ structurally damaged. Came so close to new high school
and elememtary that it burned 3 portable classrooms. Also burned a
fire station and a temp. trailer used at the high school for security.
Power turned off to protect the firefighters from live wires. Reverse
911 calls to ask all not to use unnecessary water because both the
water and pressure were needed for the fight.
We were safe from the fires, but have friends suffering.
All in all a very stressful time, the cake sounds great right now.
Anna Belle in Palm Bay

Old May 15th 08, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_2_]

Did okay here in NE Louisiana. We got about 2-3 inches of rain but thank
heavens no tornados or hail!!

--
Donna in NE La.

Old May 15th 08, 04:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_2_]

Anna Belle, hope y'all are safe from the fires. We lived there, I think it
was in "98, and it was sure scary. They never got real close to us but we
could smell the smoke all the time. Stay safe!!

--
Donna in NE La.

Old May 15th 08, 04:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate T.

Hey anna belle

I'm trying to push the storms your way. I don't need anymore of
this. Rain was coming down so fast and hard you couldn't see past the
post on the carport.

Every cat in the neighborhood is on my back porch. There is at least
a dozen "strangers" seeking shelter.

Tornado watch Number 326 is on right now. I was finally able to get a
couple hours sleep, then the high winds of over 60 m.p.h. started, the
alert radio started continuously updating, one alert right after
another.

Miss Polly is going to get it any time now. She is east of me and I
hope the weather keeps moving eastward for those in Florida that need
it.

I just need it to dry out for about 4 days so I can mow my yard. I
mowed last Saturday and it now looks like I haven't mowed in a month.

So far luck is holding, no 90 foot pine trees down, just a lot of
limbs and outdoor furniture blown all over the neighborhood. We have
a flash flood warning on for the rest of the day and maybe into
tomorrow.

Praying for you that the fires burn themselves out and you are no
longer in danger.

Kate T. South Mississippi
Old May 15th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

i saw this on the weather channel. WOW you guys are getting it!! dont
send it my way!! we got alittle rain last nite,but just enough to wet
the grass.

Batten down the hatches, Ms. Polly!!

amy in CNY (where it's cloudy and cool)

OT Weather Cats Quilting 10 February 8th 07 12:01 AM
OT-- weather maryd Quilting 12 March 30th 05 03:46 PM
Weather....OT [email protected] Yarn 1 September 5th 04 09:57 PM