Let's fight spam - post OUR messages

Old May 12th 08, 01:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

Default Let's fight spam - post OUR messages

Hi, everyone!
I'm getting tired of this spam n/g. I'd love to hear about everyone's
beading projects. So, what has everyone been doing?

I've promised myself a "summer of glass" and have been fusing small
cabs for earrings. I've also done a link bracelet watch with fused
glass cabs for me and some tac pins. Projects yet to come are two wine
stoppers, and more etched dichro beads and maybe some sandblasted ones
as well. As far a beading goes, I have to design a multi strand
necklace to honor that pink Leah Fairbanks bead. I also want to do a
purple, fused donut and a fancy necklace to wear at Bead & Button.
Maybe a pair of pinwheel earrings to match. Then there's that
Stephanie Sersich spiny knotted bracelet I've never finished....hmm,
so much to do, about 3 weeks until I leave for Milwaukee.

What is everyone one else working on? Jerri? Shirley? I'd love to
hear about your projects.

Patti
Old May 12th 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

In message
,
Patti writes
[...]

Well since the end of January and going in hospital I have not been
busy at all. Ten weeks on an unsuitable medication which left me feeling
really ill and thinking I would not be long on this earth. I am on yet
another med. I hope this will suit me.
I did make a bracelet in the square design for an ex-colleague's
birthday and I am in the middle of another one like the ones I made
previously from Bead & Button. This time in silver and blues with
zircon crystals
I am still working on the family tree, having got back to the late
1700's in most of the branches but got to 1605 in one of them. No lords,
ladies or anyone of note has cropped up.
Dh and I hope to go to North Wales for a few days to where his Great
grandfather came from if I am well enough.
I have made some new baby greeting cards which are up on my web site.
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old May 12th 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

It's been a tough year for me with my 14 yr. old being a teenager and
frequently sick. She was sick for 3 weeks and spent a week at the
children's hospital last month, so I haven't been around much.

The good news is that she got sick again last week, but the episode only
lasted 3 days. (Usually they last for about 7 days, so this in itself is a
little miracle.) We may have finally hit the right medication and are
getting to the right dose to get her symptoms under control. (This is the
4th time he's increased this particular med, and the first time it made any
difference.)

That said, I've been working on some cube bead projects, thinking this might
be a good class for the arts program that I work with. Some of the kids
would be able to keep it simple, if they had a little trouble or were
frustrated. The others could go crazy with the embellishing! Here's one I
was playing with:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/cube2.jpg

The cube projects go prettty quick, and for the younger ones, they could
just do something simple, like maybe a different colored stripe in the
middle and leave off the seed beading. This project seems pretty adaptable
for different skill levels.

I just have trouble figuring out what's in with the kids! Lol. What I
like, they may not!

Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old May 12th 08, 06:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Shirley,

The baby cards are Lovely!!

I hope your new medication is working well and you are up for the trip
to N. Wales!

Old May 13th 08, 01:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
melinda[_2_]

Patti wrote:
Hi, everyone!
I'm getting tired of this spam n/g. I'd love to hear about everyone's
beading projects. So, what has everyone been doing?

I've been making earrings, two pairs are up, but I haven't
taken pictures of the others yet.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old May 14th 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
LaurieB[_3_]

Jerri,

Sure hope your daughter gets better.....remind her that it's soon to
be summer vacation, and that's not a fun time to be sick!

Old May 15th 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Thanks, Laurie. Didn't stop her last summer, but hopefully we've made some
progress! At this point, just going a month without being sick is exciting
for us!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old June 29th 08, 05:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Christina Peterson

If it's not too snoopy, what the matter with your DD? My prayers for your
daughter's health. Hope she's doing OK now.

Having healthy children like I do is such a blessing.

Tina

Spam spam spamity spam Beckibead Beads 9 March 7th 08 06:34 AM
Subliminal Messages in Pictures - Do Subliminal Messages in PicturesInfluen.. [email protected] Quilting 0 January 20th 08 10:33 AM
re-post: quick post, a MUST-Have book for Knitters YarnWright Yarn 0 April 3rd 07 09:48 PM
OT - Pillow Fight Nan Beads 13 March 27th 05 06:10 AM
(OT Spam) Statement on Spam and VoteNader.org Roger Halstead Yarn 0 April 10th 04 07:03 PM