(no subject)

Old November 27th 08, 01:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Default (no subject)

Wonder if she likes Kerry or Kennedy!

wrote:
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

Are there any we can point to currently we believe to be honest, hard
working and not there for themselves and a gold plated pension down
the road ?

I have a lot of respect for my local reps. I also think quite highly
of one of my senators, although he is a highly controversial figure
(can't stand the other one) and the congressman from my district. One
of the people for whom I have the most respect (and I'm sure some
people will disagree with me, but that's ok) was the senator from the
state where I grew up and is about to become vice president. I've
known him to be hard working, fair, and to have served the people of
the state of Delaware and his country well. Among past presidents, I
have a lot of respect for George H. W. Bush, even though I didn't
agree with a lot of his policies. I also think that Jimmy Carter is a
fine, honest, hard working person, even if he was a disaster as a
president.

Elizabeth
brat

Old November 27th 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

wrote:
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

[...]

I was wondering that too and I'm glad you asked. I know Kennedy's
reputation is that he has been very good to MA residents.

I thought very highly of Jimmy Carter in the past, but in the past year he
has said some very controversial things and I'm not 100% sure anymore.

Lucille

Old November 27th 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

wrote:
"lucretia borgia" wrote:
[...]

I think Jimmie Carter is a kind-thoughtful man. These days, I think he
may be a little overboard with some of his things.

Nevertheless I think he is sincere and honest, agree or not.

Gillian
Old November 27th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

wrote:
"lucretia borgia" wrote:
[...]

Although he has said some things that made me unhappy, I do agree that he
is sincere and honest in his opinions. As with most other things, no one
says I have to agree with everyone all the time.

Old November 27th 08, 04:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

wrote:
"lucretia borgia" wrote:
[...]

A-hah...for opposites we tend to believe similarly many times when it
comes to principles and ethics.

Old November 27th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 19:55:32 -0500, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at
comcast..net wrote:

.. .

wrote:
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

[...]

Which were completely taken out of context. Mark read his newest book
and though I cannot site chapter and verse with regard to the out of
context remarks, I do recall his intentions were not that which were
used againt him.

Victoria

Maybe !!!

Happy Turkey Day, except for the turkeys.

Old November 27th 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Nov 26, 7:49 pm, Gillian Murray wrote:
Wonder if she likes Kerry or Kennedy!

I've had no use for John Kerry since he voted to authorize military
action in Iraq. He was the ONLY elected rep from the Commonwealth of
Massachusets to vote yes and he said at the time that he knew his
constituents didn't support his vote. I think he did it because he
wanted to run for president and I've voted against him as senator ever
since. Kennedy may have a sorted background, but he has worked hard
for the people of this Commonwealth. JMO.

Elizabeth
Old November 27th 08, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

wrote in message
On Nov 26, 7:49 pm, Gillian Murray wrote:
Wonder if she likes Kerry or Kennedy!

I've had no use for John Kerry since he voted to authorize military
action in Iraq. He was the ONLY elected rep from the Commonwealth of
Massachusets to vote yes and he said at the time that he knew his
constituents didn't support his vote. I think he did it because he
wanted to run for president and I've voted against him as senator ever
since. Kennedy may have a sorted background, but he has worked hard
for the people of this Commonwealth. JMO.

Elizabeth

Hooray for the Brat!

Kennedy has worked not only for the Commonwealth, but for so many things I
care about. He had a bad start, but he sure has come a long, long way since
then.

Old November 27th 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 08:51:44 -0600, Jangchub
opined:

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 08:22:03 -0500, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at
comcast..net wrote:

Which were completely taken out of context. Mark read his newest book
and though I cannot site chapter and verse with regard to the out of
context remarks, I do recall his intentions were not that which were
used againt him.

Victoria

Maybe !!!

Happy Turkey Day, except for the turkeys.

Thanks for remembering the 45 million turkeys; poor things. Yes,
we'll be having tofurkey. I'm glad I don't have a fussy eater here.

Have great times with family and friends.

Victoria

I can feel sympathetic to turkeys since it's not one of my favourite
things, but tofurkey ?? Sounds pukey Vic ! Prolly best you say it
carefully too. vbg

I've tasted it and it's not for me. I thought it tasted like nothing unless
you drown it in gravy. I guess I think most tofu based food has zero taste.
I know it's supposed to take on the taste of what it's cooked in but for a
person who doesn't much like sauces that doesn't always work.

Old November 27th 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 10:57:12 -0500, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at
comcast..net opined:

wrote in message
On Nov 26, 7:49 pm, Gillian Murray wrote:
Wonder if she likes Kerry or Kennedy!

I've had no use for John Kerry since he voted to authorize military
action in Iraq. He was the ONLY elected rep from the Commonwealth of
Massachusets to vote yes and he said at the time that he knew his
constituents didn't support his vote. I think he did it because he
wanted to run for president and I've voted against him as senator ever
since. Kennedy may have a sorted background, but he has worked hard
for the people of this Commonwealth. JMO.

Elizabeth

Hooray for the Brat!

Kennedy has worked not only for the Commonwealth, but for so many things I
care about. He had a bad start, but he sure has come a long, long way
since
then.

Anybody else would have had to put time in for what he did.
Thereafter, he could be a saint for all I care, the young woman was
still very dead all those years while he lived in luxury.

Yes, but he would have had the luxurious lifestyle either way and at least
he didn't just waste his time after that tragedy.

(no subject) Barbara[_4_] Needlework 0 September 17th 08 12:50 PM
(no subject) Laury Walkey Needlework 0 April 5th 08 10:05 PM
(no subject) A S Bissantz Yarn 5 November 8th 04 03:30 PM
(no subject) Pat in Virginia Quilting 12 February 1st 04 08:38 PM
(no subject) lrdavis Needlework 2 November 18th 03 06:45 AM