Tengwar font in Cross-Stitch?

Old January 7th 04, 10:02 PM
Marcia Smith

Default Tengwar font in Cross-Stitch?

I have a friend who is searching for the Elvish font (called Tengwar Quenya
or Tengwar Cursive) from J.R.R. Tolkien. She wants to translate the Ring
poem into Elvish and then stitch it. Any ideas where we might find this?
Thanks.

Marcia

Old January 7th 04, 11:02 PM
JL Amerson

Goodgle "Tengwar". You'll get several hits. whether or not your friend will
find it as a free download is another story.

--

JoAnn

Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat.
--Emile-August Chartier

r.com...

Old January 8th 04, 12:42 AM
Marcia Smith

Sorry, guess I didn't make myself clear. She isn't looking for the font,
she has that. She's looking for a cross-stitch chart of the font. Any
ideas?

Thanks again,
Marcia

Old January 8th 04, 01:30 AM
JL Amerson

Yes, create whatever it is she wants to stitch and save it as a .jpg. Use a
design program, such as PC Stitch, to import that file and save it as a
pattern.

Old January 8th 04, 09:06 PM
Marcia Smith

Thanks, I've passed your suggestion on to my friend.

Marcia

Old January 8th 04, 11:54 PM
Joan Erickson

JL Amerson wrote:

Yes, create whatever it is she wants to stitch and save it as a .jpg. Use a
design program, such as PC Stitch, to import that file and save it as a
pattern.

I had an idea along these lines (I'm sort of trying to do this with a
flame alphabet) the other day and no one really answered it, so I'll try
it he Has anyone done a saying/picture/etc. in a Word document and
*then* printed it out on graph paper? I haven't yet tried it, but I
don't see why it wouldn't work.... Opinions???

--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)

Old January 9th 04, 12:10 AM
Judy Bay

Create the grid in your Word document, then print it right out with the
picture. I do that in Pagemaker.

Of course, there is always graph paper and a pencil...

Old January 9th 04, 12:24 AM
Joan Erickson

Judy Bay wrote:

Create the grid in your Word document, then print it right out with the
picture. I do that in Pagemaker.

Hmmm. Interesting thought. I'll give that a try! Thanks, Judy!

Of course, there is always graph paper and a pencil...

Well, true, but I've done that twice and was hoping for something a
little less time consuming!

Old January 9th 04, 12:24 AM
JL Amerson

Depending on the count of your graph paper, you'd probablyhave to make your
font very big. Plus you'd still have to do some tweaking because of spacing.
It could be done tho - good idea. :-)

Old January 9th 04, 12:35 AM
Jan Lennie

I've done the put it in Word bit and instead of plain paper , put graph
paper in the printer and it worked ok
Jan