is there a reason for becoming officially "not for profit"?

Old October 15th 11, 02:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Musicmaker

Default is there a reason for becoming officially "not for profit"?

On Oct 14, 3:46*pm, "Taria" wrote:
Nice to have you pop in Musicmaker. *Of course we all remember
you.
One of the gals in the guilds here does a LOT of charity quilts. *She
donates many through the guild charities along with CPS her choice
charity. *It has been amazing to see how many folks give her fabric.
It sort of snowballed and every time I see her quilts she points out
who gave her certain pieces of fabrics. *She does scrappy but she
gets more than a tad of large pieces too. *If you can get the word
out of what you are doing you might be surprised that fabric will
come your way. *Both local guilds here are good at helping with
batting and Hobbs does have good stuff through their websites
for charity work. *Maybe even some folks here might want to help?
I can't imagine messing with a bunch of paperwork would help a
lot unless you get to working with a lot of other folk and quilts.
Hugs to you and your dh. *I don't have your blog addy. *What is
it?
Taria

"Musicmaker" *wrote in message

Taria, my blog is www.CindyBettinger.com (you don't have to worry
about the caps - it just helps me when sharing the addy to make it
easier to read)
I'm 80% convinced at this point that I'll just keep it to little ole
me and forget the nonprofit organizational stuff. I'll be designing a
page of my blog specifically for photos and information about the
cancer center. Right now I have 1 quilt to bring. I found a vintage
hand pieced top on ebay that was in top notch condition that I've
machine quilted and bound. It's all scrappy, about a full size or a
large twin, and that will be my first donation when hubby goes back
for chemo in 10 days. I'll post the page at that point with pics. I
have several other quilt tops to finish, but my 1st project that's
"under the needle" is my priority. It's a wall quilt depicting my
husband's recent Alaska trip, with a lot of the wildlife pictured that
he enjoyed watching.

Musicmaker