Any updates on Hug quilt for Rep. Gabrielle Giffords?

Old October 10th 11, 03:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

Default Any updates on Hug quilt for Rep. Gabrielle Giffords?

On Sat, 8 Oct 2011 21:54:14 -0700, "Butterfly-Wings"
wrote:

Remind me Monday. I will see what I come up with. I do have a Dr appt so I
may not get to it until Tues.........

Need to know where she works in case I can't get her to answer at home (If I
can get her number as I'm not sure it she's listed )

I'd say to continue with the quilt as Mrs Gifford has a LONG way to go thru
rehab and not just PT. News media is trying to 'glamorize' how much progress
she has made without saying how much more she really has to go thru, but
that's the news for you.

HTH Butterfly Butterfly-W ings atq (you know what to do).com

From a pervious posting, I think the store's name is Quiltz:

http://www.quiltzonline.com/

-Irene
Old October 11th 11, 02:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
gloworm[_2_]

I tried contacting Pati several times many months ago, but she did not
respond. Kate, the hug coordinator HAS tried to contact Pati several
times and has also not gotten a response.

Gloworm in Dayton

On Oct 8, 6:11*pm, Ginger in CA wrote:
Perhaps I am being too sensitive about this. Pati has been part of the
rctq directory for quite a while. A quick email to Karen [HUG
coordinator] or any of us isn't too much to ask.

I'm just saying......

Ginger in CA

On Oct 8, 1:04*pm, Louise in Iowa nieland1390@mchsidotcom wrote:

It's also possible she lost access to newsgroups, which would explain
her silence. As best I can tell, the last we heard from her was in March
when someone asked how the quilt was coming. She said, "Quilt is in
process...... life happened a bit (along with a sinus infection and
aftermath of DH's surgery and........)."

I miss her posts. She always had such good information to share.
Hopefully someday soon she'll be back on the board or be in contact with
one of us.

Louise in Iowahttp://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

On 10/8/2011 2:57 PM, J* wrote:

i dont often have anything to add here but i spent time with Pati a few yrs
ago. we did the Houston Quilt show and travelled back in her car to Phoenix.
there is no way she would let life bog her down without advising someone and
sending those blocks on to someone else to put together. *at the very least
she'd reply to emails to let folks know what was going on.
my guess is she is having her own personal, possibly serious health issues
and nothing is taking precedence over that. also i doubt that Rick would
give two seconds thought to all her sewing stuff.
only way i can think of is if someone who lives there in Phoenix area goes
round to her house to see what has happened....as i'm sure something has to
have happened. it is not in Pati's nature to ignore or waylay making a hug
quilt when she offered/promised to do so. it has to be outside her ability
now for some reason none of us know about.
i'm way too far away to get round there to check myself but would if i was
closer. *
j.

"Donna" wrote...

I emailed Pati, too, and did not get a reply.

Donna in IDaho- Hide quoted text -

Old October 11th 11, 04:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Isn’t her dh Rick a writer? Anyone have a way to get in touch with him?
I hope Pati is ok but this doesn't sound good.
Taria

Old October 11th 11, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

I happened to find his blog one day, and he hadn't posted since
something like July.

Is anyone friends with her on Facebook?

Old October 12th 11, 10:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Since there has been nothing positive yet, I had a look on Google:
If Quiltz is indeed Pati's shop:

Quiltz, Phoenix, Arizona contacts:

602-482-4141

Perhaps someone closer than I am could telephone? I could e-mail, but
couldn't do anything to follow it up, so I thought I had better not butt
in.
..
In message ,
lid
writes

From a pervious posting, I think the store's name is Quiltz:

http://www.quiltzonline.com/

-Irene

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old October 15th 11, 10:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterfly-Wings

So far, no response... So I've sent an email to her 'store'.

Hopefully, they will respond and let us know if she's ok. I thought I had
her # but I guess I don't.

Sorry, I couldn't do any better.
Butterfly

Old October 16th 11, 05:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

On 10/15/2011 2:04 PM, Butterfly-Wings wrote:
So far, no response... So I've sent an email to her 'store'.

Hopefully, they will respond and let us know if she's ok. I thought I had
her # but I guess I don't.

Sorry, I couldn't do any better.
Butterfly

Butterfly - Did you get my e-mail with the phone # I have for Pati?? If
not, e-mail me and I will send it to your again. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary /\__/\
Old October 17th 11, 05:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterfly-Wings

The aolemail addy isn't working. I don't have your latest.
Butterfly - Wings at q. com

Thanks

Old October 21st 11, 10:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Di Maloney[_2_]

A small suggestion.

In family history research, I 'google' the person's name to see if there is
any news/info about them on the internet.
It might work for Pati if anyone knows her last name. I have had reasonable
luck looking for contacts this way.

Di
Vic Aust
IMS wrote in message ...
Just curious as to what happened with the hug quilt.

-Irene

Any updates on Hug quilt for Rep. Gabrielle Giffords? Mary O'Neill Quilting 13 August 31st 11 07:44 AM
OT Giffords Update Bev in TX[_2_] Quilting 0 March 12th 11 03:25 AM
Hi from Czech Rep.!! Tia Mary Quilting 1 March 24th 07 05:34 AM
LONG: Updates, HUG thoughts, and attn: Jan & Ginger Dreamweaver Quilting 10 May 29th 05 05:21 PM
Jody's Hug Quilt Update -- Quilt finished and being shipped Michelle in NJ Quilting 5 March 31st 05 01:51 AM