Any updates on Hug quilt for Rep. Gabrielle Giffords?

Old October 8th 11, 02:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

Default Any updates on Hug quilt for Rep. Gabrielle Giffords?

Just curious as to what happened with the hug quilt.

-Irene
Old October 8th 11, 02:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

I was wondering that the other day.

Ginger in CA

Old October 8th 11, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

To the best of my knowledge, we haven't heard anything from Pati with
regard to the quilt. Several people have contacted her off group via
email, but I don't think anyone has had a response (I know I haven't).

We all know that we can be overwhelmed by life events at times, and it
may be that Pati took on this project at a time when life started coming
at her too fast and the Hug got put on a back burner. I'd be happy to
finish up the quilt if that would help her - but now I'm wondering if
sending it to Rep. Giffords would be the right thing to do since so much
time has passed. We might want to consider sending it to a Wounded
Warrior or Quilt of Valor project in her honor or in honor/memory of
those who were wounded or died during the shooting. Just a thought.

Of course, if we aren't able to get the blocks together and quilted, I
guess it's a moot point, isn't it?

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

On 10/8/2011 8:43 AM, Sandy wrote:
In article
,

On Oct 7, 6:28 pm, IMS wrote:
Just curious as to what happened with the hug quilt.

-Irene

Ditto here.

Old October 8th 11, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna[_7_]

I emailed Pati, too, and did not get a reply.

Donna in IDaho

Old October 8th 11, 08:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*[_5_]

i dont often have anything to add here but i spent time with Pati a few yrs
ago. we did the Houston Quilt show and travelled back in her car to Phoenix.
there is no way she would let life bog her down without advising someone and
sending those blocks on to someone else to put together. at the very least
she'd reply to emails to let folks know what was going on.
my guess is she is having her own personal, possibly serious health issues
and nothing is taking precedence over that. also i doubt that Rick would
give two seconds thought to all her sewing stuff.
only way i can think of is if someone who lives there in Phoenix area goes
round to her house to see what has happened....as i'm sure something has to
have happened. it is not in Pati's nature to ignore or waylay making a hug
quilt when she offered/promised to do so. it has to be outside her ability
now for some reason none of us know about.
i'm way too far away to get round there to check myself but would if i was
closer.
j.

"Donna" wrote...

Old October 8th 11, 09:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

It's also possible she lost access to newsgroups, which would explain
her silence. As best I can tell, the last we heard from her was in March
when someone asked how the quilt was coming. She said, "Quilt is in
process...... life happened a bit (along with a sinus infection and
aftermath of DH's surgery and........)."

I miss her posts. She always had such good information to share.
Hopefully someday soon she'll be back on the board or be in contact with
one of us.

Old October 8th 11, 11:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Perhaps I am being too sensitive about this. Pati has been part of the
rctq directory for quite a while. A quick email to Karen [HUG
coordinator] or any of us isn't too much to ask.

I'm just saying......

Ginger in CA

Old October 9th 11, 05:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*[_5_]

it wont be cuz she lost internet access. plenty of ways she could contact
us.
it has to be something more that that. i've no idea what but i know Pati and
she is reliable.
if i lived closer i'd be over there to find out myself but its across the
pacific ocean from me. i just cant make it there. who lives near her? maybe
someone could call her and tactfully find out how she is, what shes been up
to, then after knowing all is well there, just ask how things are coming.
she is a reasonable person and again, she is also reliable.
j.

"Ginger in CA" wrote ...

Old October 9th 11, 05:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*[_5_]

just had another thot....
maybe someone in Phoenix could call the shop she teaches at and ask if they
know whats up?
j.

"Ginger in CA" wrote...

Old October 9th 11, 05:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterfly-Wings

Remind me Monday. I will see what I come up with. I do have a Dr appt so I
may not get to it until Tues.........

Need to know where she works in case I can't get her to answer at home (If I
can get her number as I'm not sure it she's listed )

I'd say to continue with the quilt as Mrs Gifford has a LONG way to go thru
rehab and not just PT. News media is trying to 'glamorize' how much progress
she has made without saying how much more she really has to go thru, but
that's the news for you.

HTH Butterfly Butterfly-W ings atq (you know what to do).com

Any updates on Hug quilt for Rep. Gabrielle Giffords? Mary O'Neill Quilting 13 August 31st 11 07:44 AM
OT Giffords Update Bev in TX[_2_] Quilting 0 March 12th 11 03:25 AM
Hi from Czech Rep.!! Tia Mary Quilting 1 March 24th 07 05:34 AM
LONG: Updates, HUG thoughts, and attn: Jan & Ginger Dreamweaver Quilting 10 May 29th 05 05:21 PM
Jody's Hug Quilt Update -- Quilt finished and being shipped Michelle in NJ Quilting 5 March 31st 05 01:51 AM