OT Polly's Pity Party

Old August 19th 10, 02:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default OT Polly's Pity Party

You are all invited. Dress: very casual. We have replaced all of the
light bulbs with 25 watt dim ones and no one will be able to see what you're
wearing anyway. Today's trip was to the dermatologist. There is a burned
off place (yeah, right ... they call it 'frozen' but that's only for the
moment) on my back, face, arms, left hand and both legs. I am 'on fire'. A
good thing about living in The Swamp is that nobody much hears or cares when
I scream.
We once thought that the danger of skin cancer was reserved for the
fair-skinned. Not So. We had a dear young friend who ignored a 'funny'
spot. It killed him Quickly.
So. See your friendly dermatologist if you suspect you should. And
come to my pity party. I am absolutely miserable and Mama always said,
"Misery loves company". Suggestions for the refreshments list is open;
we'll start with freshly baked bread, cheese and both fine wine and whine.
Poor Polly

Old August 19th 10, 02:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Poor, poor, Polly! I am truly sorry you are in pain! Can you use the
Neosporin Plus (for pain relief) on your burns?
Barbara in rainy SC

Old August 19th 10, 03:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Oh, dear.
Do you have a stash of chocolate to see you through?

Would something like aloe lotion help? Maybe some benadryl to let you
sleep?

Ginger in CA

Old August 19th 10, 03:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Aug 18, 8:29*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
[...]

RSVP would be yes. I'd love to roll around in the muck with you. I'm a
terrible cook so my offering should be fine whine.
I had a skin cancer spot removed from the bridge of my nose about 20
years
ago, back when I was still a little vain. I was always in a constant
quandary
about whether to let people stare at a bandaid or stare at a scab
until it healed.
My BFF told me she'd wear her Indian Princess wig to work, and that
would create
a diversion, so no one would notice the huge scab on my nose. Now
that's
a friend.
You can't even see the spot now. The dermatologist told me it was
likely
caused from sun damage back when I was a kid!
Thanks for posting this though. Excellent advice not to ignore
anything "funny."

Sherry
Old August 19th 10, 03:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default OT Polly's Pity Party, biotin

I have some very nice mupirocin which does okay. The dermatologist's annual
attack is just very traumatic for us. I guess we'll never ever get over
losing that precious young daddy who put off a funny spot that turned dark
and was itchy.
Being a great beauty takes a lot of effort; ask Sophia Loren if you don't
believe me. I guess I just needed a little sympathy and wanted to remind
you that skin cancer is Fast. It's something you just must not ignore.
Furthermore. I asked our fine young dermatologist what help there was
for my hair. ( It's as soft as a bunny rabbit.) He thought biotin might be
helpful. Anyone tried it? Polly

Old August 19th 10, 04:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

What a beautiful friend. How wonderful that she would offer to wear her
Indian Princess wig to make your bandaid so no one would notice. God bless
her and may we all have really good friends like that.
Once upon a time I scratched my eye and had to wear dark glasses (mostly
to hide the gooey gummy goo I had to use) until it healed. My buddies at
work wore dark glasses too. We were all quite a sight.
A reminder to us all to BE a good friend. Polly

"Sherry" RSVP would be yes. I'd love to roll around in the muck with you.

Old August 19th 10, 04:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I'm sorry you are feeling bad but I am glad you are taking care. Dad has
gone through the same process for years.
It stinks but beats the alternative.
Gentle hugs to you and Mr. Esther.
Taria

Old August 19th 10, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

Oh Polly!

Sign me up for the pity party! I'll bring homemade bread (made my
first attemp using my new breadmachine last night and it's yummy!).
And while we're on the subject, remember other screenings that are not
pleasant, but can save your life; get you mammograms, papsmears, and
colonoscopies done on schedule!!!

Claudia (who is facing a LONG 48 hours on call)
Old August 19th 10, 05:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

((((( Polly )))))) My dear, I'm so proud of you for going to the
dermatologist and doing what had to be done. I'm sorry it hurts so
much. I know it sounds weird, but I've been told by a friend that
drinking a lot of water helps with the pain of 'freezing' the spots
off. (I once had a 'freeze' of a bad spot done, but it was -- um, out
of sight, shall we say. I was young and it hurt like you know what and
I did not handle it gracefully.) I suspect you've exhausted the list
of over the counter pain relievers. Did your doctor not prescribe
ANYTHING for the pain? If not, I would certainly call his office in
the morning early and let them hear what the swamp is ignoring. I
betcha he's come across with something to ease the pain.

In the meantime, you have all my sympathy. Have plenty of whine with
the cheese and bread and then some wine, too.

Do you have to go back for more? Did he get all the 'spots'? I hope
so. I'd be there with you at the pity party if I could. I know how to
toss one of those parties in great style.

Soft hugs,
Sunny
Old August 19th 10, 05:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

How bizarre that it should coincide so closely with Showtime's new
series about the same subject... sort of.
(Haven't seen it.)

Suggestions for the refreshments list is open;

Fudge. Definitely fudge.

Our thoughts/prayers/positive healing are with you.

Doc