OT - holiday weekend BLEECH

Old May 29th 10, 12:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

Default OT - holiday weekend BLEECH

A MAJOR whine here, so ignore if you don't want to read it

Well, my holiday weekend is going to be veeeery expensive and somewhat
painful. My AC finally kicked the bucket after almost 18 years of
trouble-free service, and when I had people come in to place bids, I
found out my furnace (same age and quality) is non-repairable. Seems
that the company that made it died many years ago, and parts cannot be
found anymore. So I asked for bids to replace just the AC all the way
up to replacing the entire setup.

YIKES! Minimum is $3400, maximum is around $8200! Wahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
And I just cleared off some debt! I really wanted to enjoy not having
anything except the mortgage for a while, ya know? Pout! Moan!
WHIIIIINE!!!!!

On top of that, my chronic tendenitis has flared up so bad, the Dr is
mentioning that maybe, just maybe, I ought to get the repair surgery
he's been mentioning done. That's 6 - 8 weeks on crutches, followed
by 4 - 6 weeks in a walking boot, followed by physical therapy.
SCREEETCH!

So - I hot, I'm CRANKY, I hurt, and it's supposed to storm all
weekend, so I can't go out and play in my garden. HUMPH.

OK, now I have to decide - what embroidery to I want to play with
since it hurts to walk - finally finish Dimple Design's Rex? Start
on test 5 of the Canvas Embroidry mastery? Start on test 1 of the
Goldwork mastery? Hmmmmmm.

Rant over.

Fran
Old May 29th 10, 01:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On May 29, 8:11�am, "Ellice K." wrote:
On 5/29/10 7:27 AM, in article ,

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:
On 5/28/10 7:21 PM, in article ,
"Fran" wrote:

A MAJOR whine here, so ignore if you don't want to read it

Oh Fran - chose several pieces to work on, find something good to
watch/listen to and turn your fan on low and steady.

And consider yourself hugged.

Cheryl

Fran,

Ditto what she said! �Sorry you're having such a stressful time - this is a
fine place to whine. � Just do whatever helps you get thru. �And keep some
cool cloths for around your neck to help keep the cool in the heat.

Ellice

I think I hear an echo. As Ellice said....do whatever it takes to
keep cool.

Nancy