Warning....

Old August 18th 10, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

Default Warning....

Starting to quit itching... finally. And my eye actually opened this
morning -- although is still slightly swollen. Two days into the prednisone
appears to be helping!

Thanks for all the wonderful information.

--
Kate in MI

"Kate in MI" wrote in message
if you plan to do any yard work... do a quick Google images search for
Poising Ivy, Poison Sumac and Poison Oak.

I knew we had poison ivy in the yard and I was on the watch for it.
Didn't know what Poison Sumac looked like. I do now.

Yard work day was Wednesday, August 4. Rash and itching started Saturday.
By Tuesday, August 10 (and every day since) the entire left side of my
face is a swollen mess. When I wake up can't even open my left eye.

We were on vacation all last week so managed using Ivy Dry and Benadryl.
Got home last night -- called Doc this AM and now have some Prednisone
which will hopefully cause my face to return to normal. I was never a
beauty queen -- but now I think I would even scare small children!

Told hubby from here on out -- all weeding and pruning will be done by
check! This is my second go round. Poison Ivy the first time -- so I've
been VERY careful watching for it ever since. I'm just grateful that
Ryan somehow managed to evade it -- as he was out there working with me.
Only thing worse than my battle would be dealing with him battling it as
well.

Anyhow -- if you are one who works in your garden -- pay careful
attention! These plants are wicked!

--
Kate in MI

Old August 23rd 10, 12:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

Found this link,

http://poisonivy.aesir.com/view

Janner

Old August 23rd 10, 01:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Supernet news groups

Growing up, my cousin and I played in the woods all the time. Grandma
always said "leaves of 3---let it be". I've lived by that and managed to
stay away from most poison plants!!
"Janner" wrote in message
Found this link,

http://poisonivy.aesir.com/view

Janner

On 18/08/2010 05:51, Kate in MI wrote:
Starting to quit itching... finally. And my eye actually opened this
morning -- although is still slightly swollen. Two days into the
prednisone appears to be helping!

Thanks for all the wonderful information.

OT - a warning Bruce Fletcher Needlework 7 April 17th 10 04:29 PM
Warning!! Sunny[_2_] Quilting 12 February 18th 08 05:33 PM
Just a warning John Quilting 3 September 12th 07 03:21 PM
OT OT Hair removal 101 spew warning and offense warning! unclbennie Quilting 21 September 5th 05 01:15 AM