A wooly look above and below the waves

Old May 28th 10, 09:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher

Default A wooly look above and below the waves

Interesting series of photographs of knitted stuff
http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/devon/hi/people_and_places/arts_and_culture/newsid_8687000/8687004.stm
Bruce
Old May 28th 10, 10:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Bruce Fletcher" wrote in message
Interesting series of photographs of knitted stuff
http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/devon/hi/people_and_places/arts_and_culture/newsid_8687000/8687004.stm
Bruce

Thanks for posting this. They are fun to see.
Lucille

Old May 29th 10, 12:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

Cool!

Old May 29th 10, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
mirjam

On May 28, 11:47*pm, Bruce Fletcher
wrote:
Interesting series of photographs of knitted stuff
http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/devon/hi/people_and_places/arts_and_cultu...
Bruce

Thank you Bruce this real fun
mirjam
Old May 29th 10, 07:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Shirley Shone[_2_]

In message , Bruce Fletcher
writes
Interesting series of photographs of knitted stuff
http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/devon/hi...ts_and_culture
/newsid_8687000/8687004.stm
Bruce

These remind me of the course I went on Called Have you any wool.

It was by a lady who had worked under Jan Messent who wrote several
books on the matter.

We were taught to make many things with wool etc that was not a clothing
item.

We were taught how to make wrapped pictures and roundels. How to make
hats from cut up bin liners and plastic shopping bags. Also finger
knitting.

If I can find the energy I will take pictures of some of the things I
did and put them up on my website.

here is a site with a list of Jan's books
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/219836.Jan_Messent

I had a bad night last night my heart was playing up and I thought we
would have to dial 999.

Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

www.allcrafts.org.uk

Old May 29th 10, 01:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 5/29/10 2:12 AM, in article ,
"Shirley Shone" wrote:

In message , Bruce Fletcher
writes
[...]

A double response here - thanks to Bruce for sharing such an interesting
site. Really great to see.

Shirley - that sounds like a really fun course, and I look forward to seeing
your pix.

Finally, take care - glad you didn't have to call 999, but, get yourself
checked, dear - as I'm sure you know. We EMS responder types would always
much rather you call sooner rather than later with heart things.

Hugs to you, too,
Ellice

Att'n: Wooly, oh Wooly!!!! Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 2 August 10th 05 08:56 PM
AD:Heart of the Waves Cindy Schoepp Beads 1 July 21st 05 04:59 PM
Making Waves Brangle Charlie Beads 10 March 13th 05 09:02 AM
Ocean Waves - a request Valerie Beads 3 June 23rd 04 11:17 AM
Ocean Waves CNYstitcher Quilting 1 January 14th 04 10:21 AM