net bath puffs

Old August 26th 08, 04:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
[email protected]

Default net bath puffs

Hi Fran,
I know you submitted the following article several years ago but I
thought I would take a chance and see if you could help me since your
answer was so good.
I have purchased 11 yards of tuille to make a Net Bath Puff costume
for Halloween.
I have been searching the net for help with making it. I was thinking
of having the middle of the puff be at my waist with some kind of
elastic (I will be attaching the puff to a teeshirt) so I can pull it
over my head. My second idea was to make 2 puffs one for the front
and one for the back. Any suggestions????

Franfogel wrote:
Dear Wendy,
I've been making net "scrubbies" for years using nylon net. Determine the
width of the puff you want, then layer about six layers about a yard
long. Fold accordian style (the way you made tissue flowers in grade
school). Fold this accordian in half to determine the exact middle and
zig-zag the center in place. Then simply pull the layers apart to puff
them up. If you have folded the net in half to get the width you want
you'll have to trim that folded edge to separate the layers. This is a
five minute project. Good luck--

Fran