OFF TOPIC - the ladybug "lost" her mittens

Old February 5th 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default OFF TOPIC - the ladybug "lost" her mittens

Last night, when I dropped all the wet snow gear in the dryer, I didn't
notice there were no mittens. This morning, at bus time, I just found
another pair.
After the bus, I noticed this pile of gray/black next to the door. Ah the
lost mittens. FROZEN IN PLACE. Since the kettle was still hot, I poured it
over the mittens to find a second pair, even more frozen under them. It two
more kettlefuls to get them melted enough to pry off the deck......

Old February 5th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Last night, when I dropped all the wet snow gear in the dryer, I didn't
notice there were no mittens. This morning, at bus time, I just found
another pair.
After the bus, I noticed this pile of gray/black next to the door. Ah the
lost mittens. FROZEN IN PLACE. Since the kettle was still hot, I poured it
over the mittens to find a second pair, even more frozen under them. It
two
more kettlefuls to get them melted enough to pry off the deck......

Wasn't that fun ??? Reading this kind of tale of woe is what reminds me
why I live in FL and not up North where I had to deal with those annoyances.

Lucille

Old February 5th 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

Lucille wrote:

Wasn't that fun ??? Reading this kind of tale of woe is what reminds me
why I live in FL and not up North where I had to deal with those annoyances.

Lucille

Ditto!

We're pushing 70 this week already. I love winter in California.

--

Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

Finished 1/26/07 -- Classy Lady in Coral (JCS) -- done in purple to
match the companion piece

WIP: housewarming gifts, July birthstone, Flowers of
Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

Editor/Proofreader www.KarenMCampbell.com
Design page http://www.KarenMCampbell.com/designs.html
Old February 5th 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Brenda Lewis

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Last night, when I dropped all the wet snow gear in the dryer, I didn't
notice there were no mittens. This morning, at bus time, I just found
another pair.
After the bus, I noticed this pile of gray/black next to the door. Ah the
lost mittens. FROZEN IN PLACE. Since the kettle was still hot, I poured it
over the mittens to find a second pair, even more frozen under them. It two
more kettlefuls to get them melted enough to pry off the deck......

At least they were frozen to the deck so they couldn't blow away! LOL

--
Brenda
Help Project Gutenberg--become a Distributed Proofreader
Old February 5th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Brenda Lewis

Over 530 schools around here closed today. No snow, wind chills only
predicted for -20 (current conditions = temp of +5 and wind chill of
-15). Schools in Iowa (where it was colder both in actual temp and wind
chill) were mostly open or doing 2-hour delays so no buses would have to
run before full sunup. And around here when the public schools close,
all the private schools, preschools, and daycares follow suit. Since no
businesses or government offices were closing today, all these school
closings are a huge disservice--how are parents supposed to go to work
when the schools and daycares won't open? And I'll bet dollars to
donuts it isn't *really* because they are concerned about kids getting
to school in the cold--it is because the school can save a ton of money
by having a long weekend and not heating the building up or running
buses today. &*$#! unconstitutional school funding issues! The Akron
superintendent was actually whining in the newspaper because Akron
didn't have any "snow" days last year. Whole thing makes me sick.

Old February 5th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/5/07 3:24 PM, in article ,
"Brenda Lewis" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Last night, when I dropped all the wet snow gear in the dryer, I didn't
notice there were no mittens. This morning, at bus time, I just found
another pair.
After the bus, I noticed this pile of gray/black next to the door. Ah the
lost mittens. FROZEN IN PLACE. Since the kettle was still hot, I poured it
over the mittens to find a second pair, even more frozen under them. It two
more kettlefuls to get them melted enough to pry off the deck......

At least they were frozen to the deck so they couldn't blow away! LOL

It's actually a farmer's porch so no worries there.

Instant Mittens WoolyGooly Yarn 12 December 11th 06 06:58 PM
Off topic - ladybug enabling Cheryl Isaak Needlework 5 June 18th 06 06:49 PM
OFF TOPIC: QUEEN Of Off Topic Campaign Butterfly Quilting 9 May 19th 06 01:21 PM
Posting ON Topic threads Tia Mary Quilting 0 October 22nd 05 08:44 PM
Gentle reminder - mark Off Topic messages OT Barbara Hass Needlework 7 May 15th 04 04:38 PM