OT - Y'all just gotta bake it!

Old November 1st 04, 04:55 AM
Sharon Harper

Default OT - Y'all just gotta bake it!

The cranberry almond shortbread that is. Oh man - it is just sooooooo
good. I only made half a batch (just in case it was yucky) but oh heck
these ain't gonna last long. DH has suggested I make them for teacher gifts
this year - I think that's gonna be hard 'cause it'll be one for me one for
them. LOL. Hips look out here come the shortbreads.....

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

Old November 1st 04, 09:09 AM
Tamara

Where did you find that yummy sounding recipe?? I think I missed the
cookbook link. Teaches me to go to a quilt retreat and come home to 600
plus messages and not read them all.

Tamara
remove nospam to reply

Old November 1st 04, 10:34 AM
Johanna Gibson

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 01:09:12 -0800, Tamara
wrote:

Where did you find that yummy sounding recipe?? I think I missed the
cookbook link. Teaches me to go to a quilt retreat and come home to 600
plus messages and not read them all.

Tamara
remove nospam to reply

What? You went somewhere without us?!?
Well, here's the recipe again, anyway....

Cranberry-almond shortbread

250g butter, chopped
? cup caster sugar
2 cups plain flour sifted
50g ground almonds
? cup craisins (dried cranberries)
375g white chocolate

Preheat oven to 160c. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Place
butter and sugar in the large bowl of an electric mixer and beat until
light and creamy. Add sifted flour, ground almonds and craisins and
beat until mixture begins to form a ball.
Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead gently to form a smooth
ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Roll half
tablespoons of mix into logs and place on oven trays. Bake for 12-15
minutes or until lightly browned.
Leave on trays for 5 minutes before cooling on wire rack. Melt the
chocolate and stir until smooth.
Fill the corner of a small strong plastic bag with melted chocolate
and snip off one corner. Place bag over open mouth and squirt in. Oh
sorry - drizzle biscuits with chocolate. Alternately dip biscuits
into melted chocolate and leave to set on trays covered with baking
paper.

From Sharon Harper on RCTQ (Australia)

-- Jo in Scotland
Old November 1st 04, 12:25 PM
Johanna Gibson

Looks like my Word document got creative when I cut and pasted. The
? should be 1/2, for 1/2 cup.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old November 1st 04, 04:26 PM
Butterfly

She didn't even TELL us ,so there went a superb opportunity for a STASH
RAID!!!!!!! right down the tubes : (
Butterfly (I woulda hadda pass as I was quite busy--but I couldda dreamt
about it)
wrote:

[...]

From Sharon Harper on RCTQ (Australia)

-- Jo in Scotland

Old November 1st 04, 06:02 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Sharon Harper" wrote:

The cranberry almond shortbread that is. Oh man - it is just sooooooo
good. I only made half a batch (just in case it was yucky) but oh heck
these ain't gonna last long. DH has suggested I make them for teacher gifts
this year - I think that's gonna be hard 'cause it'll be one for me one for
them. LOL. Hips look out here come the shortbreads.....

Ack! Now I'm even more upset that my baking session with DGS had to be
postponed! When I get back from Houston....
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

Old November 2nd 04, 01:13 AM
Tamara

Thanks for the recipe. I went to a retreat in Healdsburg, CA. We go
twice a year. The fall one has opening you are sure to join us.

Tamara

wrote:

[...]

From Sharon Harper on RCTQ (Australia)

-- Jo in Scotland

Old November 2nd 04, 01:15 AM
Tamara

Hey it doesn't say stupid across my forehead. I only post went I get
home, that way I know everything is where is should be )

Tamara
remove nospam to reply

Butterfly wrote:

She didn't even TELL us ,so there went a superb opportunity for a STASH
RAID!!!!!!! right down the tubes : (
Butterfly (I woulda hadda pass as I was quite busy--but I couldda dreamt
about it)
.. .

wrote:

[...]

From Sharon Harper on RCTQ (Australia)