New Gallery for me??? Visiting today. (OT?)

Old May 13th 04, 02:21 PM
Marisa2

Default New Gallery for me??? Visiting today. (OT?)

Wish me luck.

DH is taking me to visit a lady who buys for a gallery (actually wierdly
it is appearently 6 galleries, all the ones on one street in Geneva, IL.
There goes the fantasy that they are all small shops with private
owners, I guess. Or maybe they are but she just buys certain things for
them? still...)

I have most of my jewelry in their new drawers with velvet lining,
pinned up decoratively. I am not sure this is a good way to go for a
home show or craft fair (since it stops people from touching) which I'm
kind of upset about (since I went to all the expense and trouble )
but I'm hoping it is a good way to bring them into the gallery.

I still have to fix some things, hopefully take pictures, pick out some
of our hand painted clothing to show and iron it....

and I have an enormous nervous stomache ache and can barely sit
(anywhere but the bathroom, that is... and I have to run back there this
minute!)

I won't ask for any lucky vibes which are needed for better purposes,
but if you have any quick advice or nice things to say I wouldn't mind

marisa2

Old May 13th 04, 02:38 PM
Margie

Make sure you stop into this fairly new shop, "Goddess of Whimsy".
Melissa the owner would probably love your jewelry and definitely does
consignment. Good luck vibes coming your way!

Margie

--
Margie
http://www.handcraftedjewelry.com/st...asp?userid=261

Old May 13th 04, 02:41 PM
Marisa2

Is it ok to sell in two shops in the same town?

(:/ I shouldn't assume the first lady will like my stuff.... If I get
too excited the "down" after I'm rejected is terrible).

Where is Goddess of Whimsy located?

Marisa2

Old May 13th 04, 02:58 PM
Margie

On Thu, 13 May 2004 08:41:05 -0500, Marisa2
wrote:

Is it ok to sell in two shops in the same town?

Why not?

(:/ I shouldn't assume the first lady will like my stuff.... If I get
too excited the "down" after I'm rejected is terrible).

*hug*

Where is Goddess of Whimsy located?

507 S. Third Street, Ste. F
Geneva, IL 60134

I've not been there myself but my sister-in-law has and she
recommended I bring my jewelry there. If you see hand bound books and
cards and such under Prairie Spirit, that's my SIL and her good
friends' handcrafted items.

Old May 13th 04, 06:54 PM
roxan

Unless you have signed a contract that says you can't sell your things with
in so many miles away from the store, it is ok to sell where you can.
Roxan

Old May 13th 04, 08:42 PM
Margie

On Thu, 13 May 2004 13:54:18 -0400, "roxan"
wrote:

Unless you have signed a contract that says you can't sell your things with
in so many miles away from the store, it is ok to sell where you can.
Roxan

There you go, Marisa. :=)

Old May 13th 04, 09:29 PM
Christina Peterson

It is my understanding that unless someone asks for exclusive outlet rights,
and compensates by advertising or other promotion for you, there's nothing
wrong with placing your work in several places.

I try to avoid too much of it, because this is a small town, and because I
have favorites I like to patronize.

Tina

Old May 13th 04, 10:24 PM
Armand Vine

Legalistic thinking is fine in some cases. BUT, if you put your things in
shops too close to each other, you may **** off both owners and end up with
neither.
Better to ask how the first one to handle your creations feels about having
competition close by.

Old May 13th 04, 10:39 PM
roxan

While this is true, if you put different things in each store there
shouldn't be much problems.
Roxan

Old May 13th 04, 10:41 PM
Dr. Sooz

Legalistic thinking is fine in some cases. BUT, if you put your things in
shops too close to each other, you may **** off both owners and end up with
neither.
Better to ask how the first one to handle your creations feels about having
competition close by.

Or sell them different things to begin with.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links