Hi everybody - I'm back!

Old August 29th 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default Hi everybody - I'm back!

In article ,
Patti wrote:

Ah-ha!
So, Polly, you would enjoy a travel report about a long train journey.
I wonder if you would like to look back with me on my train journey
(both ways) from Canada to Mexico City? I also went across Canada and
back by train (I wouldn't fly then - I came over to Canada, and returned
home, on a large liner!). The Canadian trip even had a romance!! and
the Mexican one had lots of Bridge!
.

Gosh, even if Polly wouldn't like to hear it, I would! G

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old August 29th 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

One day, then, Sandy!
..
In message , Sandy
writes
In article ,
Patti wrote:

Ah-ha!
So, Polly, you would enjoy a travel report about a long train journey.
I wonder if you would like to look back with me on my train journey
(both ways) from Canada to Mexico City? I also went across Canada and
back by train (I wouldn't fly then - I came over to Canada, and returned
home, on a large liner!). The Canadian trip even had a romance!! and
the Mexican one had lots of Bridge!
.

Gosh, even if Polly wouldn't like to hear it, I would! G

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 29th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Good to see ya, Alice, and hope you will be here more
often now. PAT in VA/USA

Well, firstly, I missed you guys even though I lurked when I could. .........cut..

Old August 30th 07, 12:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Welcome back Alice. Glad things are getting back to 'normal'
for you and the family. Hope your dh is on the mend and stays well.
DD is getting ready to do a cross country train trip too. Was that
fun? SHould I be worried about her?
I hope you are able to get back into your quilting and drop in
here once in awhile.
Taria

AliceW wrote:
Well, firstly, I missed you guys even though I lurked when I could. I am
finally homebased for a while from all my travels and actually fondled
fabric today - boy did that feel good. I kept you all in my thoughts and
prayers even if you didn't need it. Those that did, got extra helpings.
And I'm on a new weight loss program (down 8 pounds) so happy dancing is my
exercise of choice. I won't go into details about my activities over the
last few months, but here are the highlights:

The positives:
Took a trip to Florida to visit mom who is still in good health and where my
two grands got to meet each other and play like they knew each other for
years!
Celebrated my grandson's third birthday with him and the family.
Took a 4500 mile train trip with my husband across the country and back. I
waved to everyone in NJ, PA, VA, Washington, DC, Illinois, and all the
states between Chicago and Seattle down to Oakland and San Francisco!
Didn't buy any fabric, but picked up lots of thimbles!

The negatives:
Not much quilting happened
Hubby had another diverticulitis attack - scary when that happens.
I missed sharing with you all

But hopefully, I will soon be 'splaining the new baby quilt I have in the
works for a dear friend's first grand baby. The sewing room has been
straightened up and cleaned out. Big tubs now hold the inventory with clear
labels. Project list has been reorganized. I accepted the fact that I
don't have to finish every project I started in a class if I didn't like the
technique. Phew, that was a tough one.

Well, enough for now. Time go get ready for tomorrow!

Alice in NJ

"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."
- Ingrid Bergman (1917-1982)

Old August 30th 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

This sounds like the makings of a new book Pat! Maybe you should post it
here in installments. You could have cliffhanger endings so we eagerly
await the next chapter.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Patti" wrote in message
Ah-ha!
So, Polly, you would enjoy a travel report about a long train journey. I
wonder if you would like to look back with me on my train journey (both
ways) from Canada to Mexico City? I also went across Canada and back by
train (I wouldn't fly then - I came over to Canada, and returned home, on
a large liner!). The Canadian trip even had a romance!! and the Mexican
one had lots of Bridge!
.
In message , Polly Esther
writes
Welcome home, Alice. We would so love to hear all about your 4500 mile
train trip; DH and I think about that sort of adventure sometime. Could
you
possibly do a sort of 'traveling' report and tell us about it? And
furthermore - as to abandoning a project from a class you took - Of course
you can abandon. Think of it as your history report in 5th grade about
cannibals. Just because you studied it doesn't mean you have to make a
habit of having people for dinner. Toss it. Can that precious grandson
really have turned 3 years-old? My goodness. Polly

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old August 30th 07, 02:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Well - guess what - it won't be with the same publisher ggg

Actually, I have had some really fun/interesting adventures. I did
start writing an autobiography once, because of them; but last night I
thought: perhaps I should just pick out the fun bits and leave all the
intervals!! Have to link of a linking title. It would be a great trip
down memory lane. I found last time (about 15 years ago) that, once I
had started, all the memories came flooding back, things I hadn't
thought of for many years just popped back into my mind. Eg getting
ready for bed in a tiny 'cabin' in a train, where you had to zip up a
canvas door and leave the wooden one open - or you couldn't move your
arms enough to get dressed or undressed!! And, of course, you had to
remember to leave the bed 'up' until you had been to the loo and washed
g Then you unzipped the canvas door and closed the wooden one. Huge

fun!
In message o7oBi.79909$Fc.47464@attbi_s21, KJ
writes