Knitting done on baby blue jeans

Old July 2nd 07, 06:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Knitting done on baby blue jeans

Now I just have to wash them, sew them together, and do all the details.

Not bad -- I only had to rip parts out two or three times. The rest of
the things are, uh, "design details," yeah, that's what they are --
seriously, they were easy to do workarounds for. I'm not going to mess
up a gift and have someone turn their nose up at it.

Now to take a few days off and do the beginning-of-July dishcloth
knit-along.
--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.
Old July 3rd 07, 08:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Taueret

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
Now I just have to wash them, sew them together, and do all the details.

Not bad -- I only had to rip parts out two or three times. The rest of
the things are, uh, "design details," yeah, that's what they are --

oh well done! I have been reading your posts and cheering you on, tho I
don't post often.

Taueret

--
NSW, Australia
http://taueret.typepad.com

Old July 3rd 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

Melinda wrote:

Now I just have to wash them, sew them together, and do all the
details.

Woohoo!! Will a picture be forthcoming??

Not bad -- I only had to rip parts out two or three times. The rest
of the things are, uh, "design details," yeah, that's what they are --
seriously, they were easy to do workarounds for. I'm not going to
mess up a gift and have someone turn their nose up at it.

As long as it's not something so obvious Stevie Wonder would notice it
and you can work around it, it's not a problem. I once had to rip a
good portion of an afghan I was making for my aunt because I made just
that kind of mistake about halfway back; I miscounted and turned my row
(crocheting) too soon so the new area was obviously narrower on one
side. If it had only been a slightly off stitch I would have left it.

Now to take a few days off and do the beginning-of-July dishcloth
knit-along.

Yay! I was just at Michael's and discovered that they have large balls
of Sugar and Cream on sale, and I do need some more dishcloths...

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Old July 3rd 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

The Other Kim wrote:
Melinda wrote:

Now I just have to wash them, sew them together, and do all the
details.

Woohoo!! Will a picture be forthcoming??

That depends on when my 15YO is available to take pictures and transfer
them to my camera. Seeing as though he is helping to cover at work for
two people who just went to Korea, maybe not immediately, but I will get
a picture when they are done for sure.

Not bad -- I only had to rip parts out two or three times. The rest
of the things are, uh, "design details," yeah, that's what they are --
seriously, they were easy to do workarounds for. I'm not going to
mess up a gift and have someone turn their nose up at it.

As long as it's not something so obvious Stevie Wonder would notice it
and you can work around it, it's not a problem.

Yup. On one of my sewing lists, they said if it's not visible from 3
feet away, don't worry about it.

Now to take a few days off and do the beginning-of-July dishcloth
knit-along.

Yay! I was just at Michael's and discovered that they have large balls
of Sugar and Cream on sale, and I do need some more dishcloths...

This dishcloth list I am on has some people who have gone absolutely
BONKERS over dishcloths. *shaking head*

Old July 4th 07, 03:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Jul 2, 2:44 am, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply
wrote:
Now I just have to wash them, sew them together, and do all the details.

Not bad -- I only had to rip parts out two or three times. The rest of
the things are, uh, "design details," yeah, that's what they are --
seriously, they were easy to do workarounds for. I'm not going to mess
up a gift and have someone turn their nose up at it.

Now to take a few days off and do the beginning-of-July dishcloth
knit-along.

Good for you, Melinda!

Higs,
Katherine

Old July 4th 07, 05:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
karlisa

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
Now I just have to wash them, sew them together, and do all the details.

Not bad -- I only had to rip parts out two or three times. The rest of
the things are, uh, "design details," yeah, that's what they are --
seriously, they were easy to do workarounds for. I'm not going to mess up
a gift and have someone turn their nose up at it.

Now to take a few days off and do the beginning-of-July dishcloth
knit-along.
--

Woo hoo! I can't wait to see a photo of the finished jeans! :-)

lisa