Pictures of Sock Monkey quilt

Old August 12th 08, 12:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TinaR

Default Pictures of Sock Monkey quilt

I finished one of the two baby quilts I am making for my nephew and
his wife, who are expecting in October.

The first one uses the same pattern my mother always used to make her
quilts - she never wanted to get fancy on the piecing, she just liked
picking out pretty fabrics! She passed away about three years ago, so
I wanted to make a quilt "from" her for her first great-grandchild:

http://good-times.webshots.com/slide...65389069ZiyNGj

My nephew still has the sock monkey his grandmother made him when he
was a baby - that boy keeps everything!

I'm working on the second one, will post photos when it is done.

Tina in Sowal
Old August 12th 08, 12:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise[_3_]

Tina - that is so cute! Thanks for sharing.

--
Louise in Iowa
nielandl@ msn dot com

Old August 12th 08, 12:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TinaR

Louise, thanks - I looked at your albums, and your work is
BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE bright, bold colors, and you really have an eye.

Old August 12th 08, 12:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Wonderful quilt, Tina. Baby's going to cherish it. Your Mom was right; no
need for fancy patterns when a little one's going to just love it to pieces.
Those Sock Monkey fabrics are such a smile. Polly

Old August 12th 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TinaR

I just noticed that in the last picture, QI #2 is working his way
under the side of the quilt, while QI #1 is sitting there, acting like
she has no intention of walking all over this quilt.

They did approve this quilt, BTW. It has passed a full inspection.
Old August 12th 08, 01:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise[_3_]

Thanks for the compliment, but a couple of those were made by our own Polly
Esther. Talk about an eye for color - that lady has it!

--
Louise in Iowa
nielandl@ msn dot com

Old August 12th 08, 02:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Big thank yous, Louise. The Noel quilt for DH gets heaps of praise and it
looks so wonderful turned back. The backing you chose and your quilting are
very lovely. We're mighty proud of it. Meanwhile, . . . back to baby
quilts, I've just received a cat panel from Bradenton Quilts in Florida. It
is an adorable set of blocks that are so cute all I've done with it is post
it on the design wall to enjoy, Curious Kitties by Robert Kaufman. Take a
look somewhere when you have time. And I did notice that Tina's QIs had
taken their duties seriously. Polly

"Louise" wrote Thanks for the compliment, but a couple of those were made

Old August 12th 08, 02:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TinaR

nielandl@ msn dot comhttp://community.webshots.com/user/louiseiniowa

"TinaR" wrote in message

Louise, thanks - I looked at your albums, and your work is
BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE bright, bold colors, and you really have an eye.

Well, then, major props to Polly! I love them!
Old August 12th 08, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TinaR

I saw the "Curious Kitties" in the Hancock's catalog that just arrived
- don't you love the one that looks like a stripe, where the kittens
are all peeping over the edge?

Old August 12th 08, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
TinaR wrote:

I finished one of the two baby quilts I am making for my nephew and
his wife, who are expecting in October.

The first one uses the same pattern my mother always used to make her
quilts - she never wanted to get fancy on the piecing, she just liked
picking out pretty fabrics! She passed away about three years ago, so
I wanted to make a quilt "from" her for her first great-grandchild:

http://good-times.webshots.com/slide...65389069ZiyNGj

My nephew still has the sock monkey his grandmother made him when he
was a baby - that boy keeps everything!

I'm working on the second one, will post photos when it is done.

Tina in Sowal

That's so cute, Tina! That pattern really lets the fabrics shine.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net