A little of what I've been doing

Old August 9th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G.

Default A little of what I've been doing

I haven't posted very often here lately.....but I read what's going on with
all of you!!!!! Busy people!

Here is a link to the latest finished piece I did:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...65334451AOoCgX

A summary of my life:
~DD home from 6 mos studying in Europe, moving her into an apt for her final
yr at college (unless grad school becomes an option) I'm trying to get her
to get the rest of her stuff cleared out of her room so my quilting
machine/frame can go in there
~2 new babies - 2 nieces had them so quilts for both.
~new QI of the canine variety who just got spayed - trying to keep her (7.5
mo old choco lab) quiet so she can heal! Not with balls in the room!
~vacation
~birthdays of the big 50 variety

and taking some classes! The link is to a mini wholecloth quilt. I am taking
a short series of classes with the "Quiltmaker to the Queen" - Jill
Schumacher at my LQS. This mini quilt was a result of the 2nd class. She is
an awesome teacher and the things you can do even after the 1st class are
amazing! This was done on my Pfaff and was all freemotion. The 3rd class is
trapunto and the 4th class is design. You bring a finished top and she
brings 800 or so of her stencils. She helps with planning design and marking
the top.

I will post pics of my first piece and my trapunto piece (after I do it!)
later in the month.
I'm also taking a stars class using Alex Anderson's Stars book. Quite
fun!!!! I'll post pics of the blocks I'm making when I get a minute to do
so.

My next big decision is whether to go back to work after taking the summer
off. I think not......... :-)

--
Laurie G. in CA
http://community.webshots.com/user/lagrant7

Old August 9th 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Busy, busy, busy!

I will be taking a machine quilting class from Jill Schumacher at the
Alder Lane quilt show. Are you signed up for that? I'll also be at the
Heidi Kaisand lecture that evening. Let me know if you are planning to
do either and we can meet in person.

marcella

Old August 9th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancy in NS

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 14:38:12 GMT, "Laurie G."
wrote:

Here is a link to the latest finished piece I did:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...65334451AOoCgX

Your quilts and quilting are beautifully done.

Nancy in NS
http://community.webshots.com/user/loves2quilt
Old August 9th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G.

Alder Lane.....is that the one in Livermore? Which class are you signed up
for? She has 4 - beginning, intermediate, trapunto, and design. The
intermediate class is where we did wholecloth. The beginning class is
awesome! Jill is a great confidence builder!

I hadn't planned on going to the show....I'll have to check dates.....
Laurie G.

Old August 9th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Yes, the one in Livermore. We've not been before, but the class and
lecture sounded great.

http://www.aldenlane.com/stitchclass.html

The machine quilting class says "Learn the Art of Heirloom Machine
Quilting" I saw her samples and such at the NCQC meeting in July and it
was wonderful.

marcella

Old August 9th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

That is superb Laurie, so good for a "learning" piece .Well done .
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

news

Old August 9th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise

Oh, that's sooooo nice. I'll have to practice forever before I get to be
that skilled!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

news

Old August 9th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G.

Jill is a great teacher! Have fun in her class!

Thanks for the info.....