You have been warned!

Old July 25th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default You have been warned!

We have seen radios (old wood sets and transistor) that have
a DLN engraved on them. Ruins the value for collectors.

Any of my good machines are probably not going to be traded in.
They always slap one of their store labels somewhere so maybe they
could slap it over any left over markings?
Taria

Kathy Applebaum wrote:

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
oups.com...

As a former auto dealership employee, I know that trade in values can
go down quickly with any "customized" stuff. Your sm dealer isn't
going to be happy about a sm trade in with sharpie lettering on it.

Sharpies come off easily with rubbing alcohol or denatured alcohol.

Old July 25th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

I didn't when I read the first message, but I did just now get up and
label things. Funny how I had my extension cord and power strip
labeled.

Unfortunately I was in a class one time where someone during lunch
break just decided to walk up and take something from someone else's
work table. I guess the woman was stupid enough to think that I
wouldn't say anything.

Thank you!!

Kay Ahr in NV

Polly Esther wrote:
I hope everyone read Debbi's thread about her missing foot pedal at her SM
dealer's shop. Did all of you stop what you were doing and go write your
name on your SM, its case, little flat thing they call a table, foot control
and any feet you're likely to carry anywhere? Probably not but do let me
urge you to do it. If you have privacy concerns or your picture is on the
bulletin board at the post office as "wanted", then write something else on
them.
I lost a foot control to a dealer one time and it scarred my trusting
little soul forever. We won't presume that this will hinder any professional
SM robber but it will at least prevent honest mistakes. This will probably
be a little harder for those who own lovely old treasures that are black and
have the snazzy embellishments - but I'll bet they can figure out a way. I
will be checking on you and non-compliance will result in a hefty fine. You
have been warned. Polly

Old July 25th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Ha! Sharpie has a metallic, silver marker that would work great on black
metal. No excuses!

Cindy

ink.net...

Old July 25th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tracey

"Patti" wrote in message
That's a really great idea Polly, Thank you for the suggestion.
I will start to think what I could use as a label - not all that easy to
get ready-made things to stick onto plastic feet.

I have regular return address labels stuck onto all the 'parts' of my sewing
machine and stuff that I take to workshops.
I also carry a few in my wallet to stick on mailing lists and such.

Old July 25th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

Well guess that has my husband covered huh? LOL

http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes awhile to load)
quicker)
"mini Mini" wrote in message
. 54...
"Sharon Harper" wrote in
:

Tee Hee.....I used those wonderful vinyl name labels you get made up
for the kids when they are at school. They stick on anything. Ours
are a variety of colours and have a heart on one side, an angel on the
other and "M. Harper" in the middle. Fine when your name is Madeline
or Mikayla. Well I guess I could be Mum or Madame? Mistress?
Mademoiselle? Minkeee? The list is endless.....

Oops... In french M. Harper is Mr. Harper!

Old July 25th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther

I guess the plan has to be carefully considered it there's ever a chance
that you might want to sell or trade in your SM. Mine are to use. There's
no way anyone could ever even call them 'gently' used. I'm gentle but they
do put in some constant stitching. As to re-sale though, the Viking we gave
our daughter after Katrina has 'Beth Stone' written everywhere on it - even
the feet. It hasn't been a problem. Apparently Beth Stone is a very
careful person and we appreciated it. Polly

Old July 25th 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Oh! I just assumed they wouldn't stay on. I'll try - I do have some.
Thank you very much.
..
In message , Tracey
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 26th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

I engrave a small triangle in an inconspicuous place on
things like that. It's enough to identify my stuff without
overly disfiguring it.

Besides - when I finally die (did I remember to tell you I
am going to live to be 203yo?) I will be so famous anything
owned by me will be a collectors piece and worth more!
LOL

I am sure the same applies to you!

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

Old July 26th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Polly Esther wrote:
I hope everyone read Debbi's thread about her missing foot pedal at her SM
dealer's shop. Did all of you stop what you were doing and go write your
name on your SM, its case, little flat thing they call a table, foot control
and any feet you're likely to carry anywhere?

If all you're concerned about is being able to identify a machine part
as yours, you could put an identifying mark (not necessarily your name)
in an inconspicuous place. My dealer writes on the work order slip
exactly what parts I left with the machine (for example, case, foot
pedal, cord). If I do bring in the case with the attachments, they give
them to me to take back home. You can ask your repairperson to do the same.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old July 26th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Julia in MN wrote:

Polly Esther wrote:

I hope everyone read Debbi's thread about her missing foot pedal at
her SM dealer's shop. Did all of you stop what you were doing and go
write your name on your SM, its case, little flat thing they call a
table, foot control and any feet you're likely to carry anywhere?

If all you're concerned about is being able to identify a machine part
as yours, you could put an identifying mark (not necessarily your name)
in an inconspicuous place. My dealer writes on the work order slip
exactly what parts I left with the machine (for example, case, foot
pedal, cord). If I do bring in the case with the attachments, they give
them to me to take back home. You can ask your repairperson to do the same.

Julia in MN

My dealer/repair shop puts a sticker with the invoice number on all the
bits I leave with him, from the carrying bag to any stray spools of
thread! He's never lost anything in the 20 or so years I've been
going there.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!