You have been warned!

Old July 25th 06, 04:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther

Default You have been warned!

I hope everyone read Debbi's thread about her missing foot pedal at her SM
dealer's shop. Did all of you stop what you were doing and go write your
name on your SM, its case, little flat thing they call a table, foot control
and any feet you're likely to carry anywhere? Probably not but do let me
urge you to do it. If you have privacy concerns or your picture is on the
bulletin board at the post office as "wanted", then write something else on
them.
I lost a foot control to a dealer one time and it scarred my trusting
little soul forever. We won't presume that this will hinder any professional
SM robber but it will at least prevent honest mistakes. This will probably
be a little harder for those who own lovely old treasures that are black and
have the snazzy embellishments - but I'll bet they can figure out a way. I
will be checking on you and non-compliance will result in a hefty fine. You
have been warned. Polly

Old July 25th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I'm just paranoid and already did it just in case. This goes back to
having a dealer you trust and enjoy doing business with. Not always
possible but worth a little extra effort in the long run.

I have at least my initials on most of my stuff I take to classes.
I doubt we have a lot of thieves among the group but stuff gets moved
around and shared sometimes and it is just nice to know where it belongs.

Jot down your machine serial numbers too.
Thanks Polly
Taria

Old July 25th 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther

Well, but, er . . . ummm... you see, I quite accidentally was part of a sort
of theft. I went into an office. Sat down. Laid my stack of files on the
desk, asked my questions, got my answers, picked up the stack and headed
back to my desk. Many days later when I was putting the last of the files
away, oh my golly! Eek. The bottom file was not mine. I know first-hand
that accidents will happen. I only have 27 more years to serve with good
behavior. Polly

Old July 25th 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

YOu better watch it Polly. I always tease the grocery clerks about the
bag of potatoes on the bottom of the cart. I remind them to charge me
cause if I go to hell I don't want it to be for a sack of potatoes!
SO was the file stamped 'top secret' or something scandalous? Did you
work at the White House during the Clinton presidency (remember those
files?)
The 27 years will fly by.
Taria
(Polly, I'm up to my ears in little sleeves btw ; )

Old July 25th 06, 06:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

Tee Hee.....I used those wonderful vinyl name labels you get made up for the
kids when they are at school. They stick on anything. Ours are a variety
of colours and have a heart on one side, an angel on the other and "M.
Harper" in the middle. Fine when your name is Madeline or Mikayla. Well I
guess I could be Mum or Madame? Mistress? Mademoiselle? Minkeee? The
list is endless.....

http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes awhile to load)
quicker)
ink.net...

Old July 25th 06, 08:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

That's a really great idea Polly, Thank you for the suggestion.
I will start to think what I could use as a label - not all that easy to
get ready-made things to stick onto plastic feet.
..
In message . net, Polly
Esther writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 25th 06, 08:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I so agree with you about group activities, Taria. For me it wouldn't
be the other people I would worry about, it would be my memory -
remembering what I had taken with me! So I have put a little name label
on the books that I have taken to classes etc.
..
In message G2gxg.2913$K94.2034@trnddc01, Taria
writes

Old July 25th 06, 09:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

I use a small engraver to mark all my "stuff". Sometimes
with a name or even initials, but if not with a triangle.
This can be put on the handle of a cutter, on a SM foot, on
rulers, etc. That way I know what is mine - and what is not
as well.
--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

[...]
:
:

Old July 25th 06, 12:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

I have my name on every piece that I take to the shop, including the
machine! I used a black sharpie marker and marked the case, the machine and
the foot pedal and the power cord. I even take off my 1/4" foot and use a
plastic foot. Plus I remove the built-in tray of feet and bobbins. Not
that I am paranoid or anything. I'm not........ really.........

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

Old July 25th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
oups.com...
As a former auto dealership employee, I know that trade in values can
go down quickly with any "customized" stuff. Your sm dealer isn't
going to be happy about a sm trade in with sharpie lettering on it.

Sharpies come off easily with rubbing alcohol or denatured alcohol.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps