You have been warned!

Old July 27th 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie Patterson

Default You have been warned!

Thanks for the warning, but I'm already ahead of you all. I put my
name on all of the pieces the day after I brought my Bernina home,
also painted (nail polish) all of my feet (toenails too). Also marked
my featherweights, and their attachments.

I took a class with L. Lehman and she had all of her feet painted
dayglo orange because she loans them to students to try.

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 03:02:28 GMT, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

I hope everyone read Debbi's thread about her missing foot pedal at her SM
dealer's shop. Did all of you stop what you were doing and go write your
name on your SM, its case, little flat thing they call a table, foot control
and any feet you're likely to carry anywhere? Probably not but do let me
urge you to do it. If you have privacy concerns or your picture is on the
bulletin board at the post office as "wanted", then write something else on
them.
I lost a foot control to a dealer one time and it scarred my trusting
little soul forever. We won't presume that this will hinder any professional
SM robber but it will at least prevent honest mistakes. This will probably
be a little harder for those who own lovely old treasures that are black and
have the snazzy embellishments - but I'll bet they can figure out a way. I
will be checking on you and non-compliance will result in a hefty fine. You
have been warned. Polly

Old July 27th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie Patterson

I used my Brother P-touch lable maker.

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 08:07:43 +0100, Patti
wrote:

That's a really great idea Polly, Thank you for the suggestion.
I will start to think what I could use as a label - not all that easy to
get ready-made things to stick onto plastic feet.
.
In message . net, Polly
Esther writes

Old July 27th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther

Day-Glo orange? What a delightful idea. Now that you mention it, I think
I've seen some electrical tape in really loud colors. A 'tastefully
applied' stripe of that stuff on a foot control ought to be very helpful.
Yesssss! Thank you, Polly

news

Old August 13th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DrQuilter

but sharpies come off with ethanol! especially from plastic...

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
As a former auto dealership employee, I know that trade in values can
go down quickly with any "customized" stuff. Your sm dealer isn't
going to be happy about a sm trade in with sharpie lettering on it.
Stick with labels rather than permanent markings- a label could be
pulled off. I have a cheap label maker that produces a plastic ribbon
with lettering. I'm going to use that. I won't come off easily, but
the person who buys my well cared for trade in will appreciate not
having to explain why she's claiming a sm with my name written on it.
Think about that before you stick on a seam ripper holder or anything
else that the next owner might not care for.....

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)