Blood -- NOT OT

Old August 11th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati Cook

Default Blood -- NOT OT

Saline solution will remove blood. Just salt water works. Have had to
do that to a white top, when I had a head injury that bled all over the
place. G

Pati, in Phx

gloworm wrote:

Hello Quilters. I don't get to post much any more, but I try to keep
up with what is going on -- praying with you and happy dancing for you
and all.

I'm just about to finish the baby quilt for my newest grandson, Ashton,
who was born in December (I'm a little slow - I have no machine). They
will be visiting me in Ohio from Colorado on August 18, and I'm working
feverishly to have it finished by then.

Anyway, I guess I stab my under fingers too hard, plus I take a baby
aspirin every day, so I've ended up with a LOT of blood on this pastel
aqua quilt! I've had little dabs before and I've used my own spit,
which people on here have said works. It does work on little spots,
but these are BIG.

If anyone has this problem, what do you use to make sure the blood
comes out? I want to make sure it comes out the first time! Do you
soak it anything first? Do you just use Spray 'N Wash or something
like that?

Thank in advance to any suggestions.

Gloworm in Dayton

Old August 12th 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

cold very salty water, then wash normally

HTH

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old August 12th 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TwinMom

Well, I'm sure this will sound a little strange, but I've had really great
results using a protein based hair shampoo. Unfortunately, I've had a few
days, during "that time of the month" when I've been unable to leave the
house, for fear of making a mess of myself. Must be an age thing, creeping
up on the big pause. Anyway, when accidents do happen, they can be pretty
bad, so I've resorted to treating my clothing with the shampoo and then a
trip in the washer. I've found that, for thicker objects like jeans, etc.,
that the peroxide & Oxi-Clean just don't get deep enough into the layers to
really remove everything. For some reason, the protein based shampoos, with
the lather and stuff, seem to clean fairly deeply.
Good Luck!

Old August 13th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DrQuilter

what is a protein based hair shampoo? what protein? never heard of this.
I am trying to figure out why out would want to wash our hair with
proteins instead of with detergents...

TwinMom wrote:
Well, I'm sure this will sound a little strange, but I've had really great
results using a protein based hair shampoo. Unfortunately, I've had a few
days, during "that time of the month" when I've been unable to leave the
house, for fear of making a mess of myself. Must be an age thing, creeping
up on the big pause. Anyway, when accidents do happen, they can be pretty
bad, so I've resorted to treating my clothing with the shampoo and then a
trip in the washer. I've found that, for thicker objects like jeans, etc.,
that the peroxide & Oxi-Clean just don't get deep enough into the layers to
really remove everything. For some reason, the protein based shampoos, with
the lather and stuff, seem to clean fairly deeply.
Good Luck!

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)

Blood stone? C Ryman Jewelry 3 January 29th 06 05:39 PM
OT Blood Tests On Children - Info NanaV Quilting 6 January 11th 05 01:29 AM