August Block of the Month - posting for Danielle - it's early!

Old August 1st 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

Default August Block of the Month - posting for Danielle - it's early!

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 20:23:54 -0700, "maryd" mardor@*net wrote:

Isn't time always the problem? :-) I worked 18 days in the past 3 weeks so
today was spent catching up with housework and a little yardwork. Maybe
tomorrow I can work on some blocks or at least fondle fabric.

I working at Walmart and I've bought 4 yds of fabric for each of the
last two pay checks I've gotten. My stash is going up by 8 yds/month
and I don't have time to use any of it. This could be the beginning
of a very bad habit. I'm just going to have to call myself a fabric
collector.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old August 1st 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

Just think of the fun you'll have when you get vacation time. g

I'm printing the paper piece templates for the August blocks now. I may get
started on them today.

--
Mary
:
: http://community.webshots.com/user/debplayshere

Old August 1st 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 19:57:18 +0200, "Roberta Zollner"
wrote:

For some reason, it seemed like a good idea to make the applique blocks
6.5". My ultimate plan is to do all 3 blocks every month and use them all in
one quilt. So I will put 4 applique blocks together to make 12.5" blocks,
which would give me 24+3= 27 blocks. So I will make duplicates of some of
them and produce 30 blocks. Set 5 X 6, should be a useful size!

The sunflower is done, thought it best to just jump in and get it over with.
Came out OK! Wasn't nearly as bad as I thought! The others will have to wait
a bit, I'm machine quilting something and need to get it finished.
Roberta in D

Wow, you are doing all three of the blocks each month. I can't even
get the time to sew the June applique ones. I had two ideas on how to
use lime fabric on the ladybug block so I cut out pieces for both
ideas. The pieces are all cut and ready, I just don't have the sewing
time right now due to my new job. It'll get done eventually though.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old August 1st 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NancyB

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 12:39:16 GMT, "KJ"
wrote:

Hey Nancy. What do you need for your stash??
KJ

Anything and everything. I had a lovely stash a few
years ago and when I moved from house to much smaller
apartment, and from job to being unemployed, I sold most of
it. (My bad.)

I love scrappy quilts/projects in any color. I'd be happy
to send a check or Paypal "donation" for anything you might
part with.

Thanks very much for asking.

NancyB
Old August 2nd 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA

Nancy - send me a private email with fav colors and your snail address. I'm
sure I have enough to share.
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

Old August 2nd 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 20:48:50 GMT, Debra
wrote:

Wow, you are doing all three of the blocks each month. I can't even
get the time to sew the June applique ones. I had two ideas on how to
use lime fabric on the ladybug block so I cut out pieces for both
ideas. The pieces are all cut and ready, I just don't have the sewing
time right now due to my new job. It'll get done eventually though.
Debra in VA

Oops, I meant the July block. I made the June block long ago.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

Old August 3rd 06, 09:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

My first thought was that Walmart clearly doesn't pay enough if all she can
buy is 4 yards of fabric!
Roberta in D

Old August 12th 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 10:17:58 +0200, "Roberta Zollner"
wrote:

My first thought was that Walmart clearly doesn't pay enough if all she can
buy is 4 yards of fabric!
Roberta in D

Well, I'm trying to use some restraint. I'm a little afraid of what
would happen if I bought all the fabo fabric I could.

This job might not last anyway. I've been out of work due to sickness
three times already. Right now I can't work because I'm too dizzy to
walk across the floor and I'm feverish and nauseated too. I've lost 4
pounds in the last three days because I can't eat.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at