Focus on Design: Burgoyne Surrounded

Old August 12th 06, 09:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default Another - Burgoyne Surrounded

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/092...e=UTF8&s=books
another book/pattern - navy background - by Eleanor Burns
--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
:i like this block, never thot much about it til now.
: sort of an irish chain X 9patch, eh. cool.
: found this book someone might be interested in. nayy.
:
http://www.hamiltonbook.com/hamilton...oducts/5385229
: sorry bout the long link.
: its new but they sell cheap, must get all the excess from
somewhere.
: cheers,
: jeanne
: --
: san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
: nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
: nzlstar on webshots
: gen.gen.co.nz
:
: "Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
: news:bzKCg.5532$yO4.3615@dukeread02...
: Focus On Design is my "every once in a while" feature
here in the RCTQ
: Land. This it an opportunity to discuss the design
specified. It is not
: the place to talk about sales, kids, chocolate, sewing
machines, etc.
: Please discuss those in another thread. This is the
place to Focus on
: Design!
:
: I try to include some links to the pattern I choose.
Sometimes the only
: links are for quilts or patterns that are for sale.
NAYY! I do NOT promote
: or endorse the products ... I just want some
illustration to help our
: discussion. Please add your experiences, and/or links,
as well as
: opinions. Thanks.
:
: (10 August 2006) Now we will discuss a traditional
American design:
: Burgoyne Surrounded. This pattern allegedly commemorates
a battle in New
: York, where American Colonists defeated English troops
led by one General
: Burgoyne.
:
: Here is a link for antique traditional BSQ (scroll to
quilt # 5&6.) Click
: to see nice close-up of HG, too.
: http://tinyurl.com/hlq6n
:
: Here is E-Bay page, featuring several books on the
topic, and some quilts
: for sale.
: http://tinyurl.com/s7vqy
:
: Here is Marcia Hohn's Pattern:
:
http://www.quilterscache.com/A_C/Bur...ndedBlock.html
:
:
:

Old August 12th 06, 02:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Witchy Stitcher

Default Focus on Design: Burgoyne Surrounded

I order from Hamilton all the time, although I didn't realzie that
they were online. The shipping is more online because they take credit
cards. From the catalog it is a flat 3.50, no per book charge. They
sometimes run out and will ask you if you want a refund or to wait. I
try to order the really cheap books. I figure theses are no more
expensive than buying magazines.

The cheap books are,I believe, buyouts from book clubs.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY