OT things I have learned while coping with the heat

Old August 12th 06, 12:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Shelly

Default OT things I have learned while coping with the heat

Ought to ask the Mormon's to show their "magic underwear"!I've heard they
get flustered!!

Shelly
"NightMist" wrote in message

*grin*
I have made it a point to answer the door scantily clad when
proselytizers come to call. I have a blood red satin skinny strap
lingirie that works a treat on the local Baptists and Jehovah's
Witnesses. The Mormon gents just stand there with really big eyes,
then get a bit flustered when they find out I already have the book.
They don't come to my house in cold weather anymore.

NightMist
The Baptists started sending women and children to my door, but I've
already told you how I happened to luck out in dealing with that.

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 07:51:00 -0700, DrQuilter
wrote:

he'll probably run away faster if he sees you are less than fully
attired.... so that might take care of that problem.. )

Tricia wrote:
I usually am less than fully attired when at home anyway ...
some misguided fool ...trying to convert me to a religion I
don't want to be a part of

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)

--
The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.

Old August 12th 06, 02:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I heard somebody say they always invite them in for a beer.
Taria

Old August 12th 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

Any time someone peddles religion at my door, I tell them I will go to their
church after they attend Catholic mass with me.

--
Mary
"Taria" wrote in message
news%9Dg.378$Ji1.14@trnddc05...
:I heard somebody say they always invite them in for a beer.
: Taria
:
:
: Shelly wrote:
: Ought to ask the Mormon's to show their "magic underwear"!I've heard
they
: get flustered!!
:
: Shelly
: "NightMist" wrote in message
:
:

Old August 12th 06, 06:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jacqueline

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 18:24:00 -0700, "maryd" mardor@*net wrote:

Any time someone peddles religion at my door, I tell them I will go to their
church after they attend Catholic mass with me.

I have never had anyone other than the Jehovah's
Witnesses come to my door. I was kind of like you, of course they
always want a donation, I told them I would donate to their church if
they would donate to mine. Didn't have another one for years, then
one day I was in the basement and alone, I had locked the door so no
one could come in on me and the door bell rang, I ran up the steps, an
swung open the door thinking it was my dad, lo and behold it was them
again. I looked at them and said, no thank you and shut the door. A
few months later some more showed up at the door, when I went to the
door I pulled back the curtain to see who was there, they were looking
towads our garden, now when I knock on a door I look at the door so I
can see the person the minute they open the door, I didn't open it
this time I just walked away and have not been bothered since. One
will show up this weekend you wait and see.

Jacqueline
Jacqueline
http://www.mountain-breeze.com
Recipes and other fun things
Old August 12th 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mystified One

I promptly took off all my clothes 5 minutes after my kids left on their first
day of school. In celebration of the fact that they now cover 3 schools, I
stripped, just because I could.

I promptly redressed when I realized I was missing blinds on one window.

"NightMist" wrote in message
:
: Running around the house in a camisole and undies is OK.
: The pizza delivery guy definitely does not mind.
: Both partners are agreed that they like my sparkly red panties.
: Ash also likes my sparkly red panties.
: Therefore do not run around the house in sparkly red panties because
: Ash dashing up and rubbing his face all over my bottom is entirely
: disturbing.
:
: NightMist
: --
: The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.

Old August 12th 06, 07:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mystified One

I found a way to deal with the Mormons...

We still had a bunch of boxes on our front porch from the move. My husband and
I were sitting out front talking when they rode up on their bicycle. We
continued casually talking, when my husband mentioned something about the boxes.
I said that the best moving boxes were liquor boxes, and then I made a comment
about how interesting it was that we package liquor better than we do live
organs for transplant.

The missionaries left and haven't been back!

:
:
: Tricia wrote:
: I usually am less than fully attired when at home anyway ...
: some misguided fool ...trying to convert me to a religion I
: don't want to be a part of
:
:
: --
: Dr. Quilter
: http://community.webshots.com/user/mvignali
: (take the dog out for a walk)
:
: --
: The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.

Old August 12th 06, 10:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Once the upstairs is done I will be able to dance naked next to the
eaves if I want to. I will be able to sew naked if I want to! Which
I won't because I would worry about pins and my t^H^H^H bosom.

We tossed mothballs around the attic at the recomendation of the local
boys in blue. Killed the odd smell, but now the place smells like
naptha. I can cope with that. Still gonna go over the place with a
fine tooth comb to make sure there are no nasty surprises.

NightMist

: