Hula hula

Old April 23rd 06, 10:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.polymer-clay

Default Hula hula

Hi all,

I'm going to Honolulu, first week of May! Since I don't do a lot of
travelling (and this will be my *very* first time flying), I'm pretty
darned excited

Of course, the most important questions are - who's local and where are
the bead shops? g I'll be looking for places near the hotel due to
limited mobility (the bf isn't going to rent a car). Maybe someone
could write to me directly ) to get the hotel
address and exchange information?

Cheers,
Carla (getting in an island frame of mind)

Old April 23rd 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.polymer-clay

I hope you have a wonderful time and I am green with envy.
Shirley

In message , Carla
writes

--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old April 23rd 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.polymer-clay

Hi Carla,

while I'm in Hawaii I'm on the other end of the state (so to say), and
don't know much about where things are in Honolulu. However, there is
a reasonably good bus system on Oahu and even without a car you can
still get around, i.e. don't have to stay close to the hotel all the
time.
Check in on soc.culture.hawaii (hoping I'm not the only beady person
there), that group is usually pretty helpful, even if we get into
quabbles about local things.

I don't know where you are staying and how far you consider walking
distance,
but at least Ala Moana (shopping center) is fairly close to Waikiki
(assuming that's where you're staying). And the "International
Marketplace"
may be worth a walk-through, though it is pretty touristy.

Enjoy your vacation, and I hope that you get better weather than
we have had lately. And, I always recommend to people to go and
see the aquarium in spite of that I haven't been there myself since
our now high school senior was a toddler.

Aloha,

Maren (in Hilo)
Palms, Etc.: Tropical Plant Seeds - Hand-made Jewelry - Plants &
Lilikoi
http://www.jach.hawaii.edu/~maren/palms_etc/

Old April 23rd 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.polymer-clay

this will be my *very* first time flying
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the flight, take:
1) GOOD snacks.
2) Purell handcleaner.
3) Moisturizing mist (like Evian or Burt's Bees) for your face, and
moisturizer.
4) Magazines for frivolous reading.
5) Something with headphones/earplugs so the crap-ass sitting next to
you doesn't try to convert you to their religion.

Old April 23rd 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.polymer-clay

I know a great couple of bead shops on Maui, but you won't be there. Lots of vintage.

Check this link:
(YOU *NEED* THIS LINK. EVERYONE HERE!!!!)
http://www.guidetobeadwork.com/localstores/

Old April 23rd 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.polymer-clay

I'll be looking for places near the hotel due to
limited mobility (the bf isn't going to rent a car).
`````````````````````
THREE IDEAS:
1) Public transportation.
2) *You* rent a car.
3) Call Magnum P.I. for a ride.

Old April 23rd 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.polymer-clay

I hope you have a wonderful time and I am green with envy.
Shirley
`````````````````````
Aw, Shirley dolling! Don't be envious. Not everyone likes Hawaii. (I
don't)

Old April 23rd 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.polymer-clay

Dr. Sooz wrote:
this will be my *very* first time flying

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the flight, take:
1) GOOD snacks.

Got 'em.

2) Purell handcleaner.

Got it.

3) Moisturizing mist (like Evian or Burt's Bees) for your face, and
moisturizer.

Good idea.

4) Magazines for frivolous reading.

5) Something with headphones/earplugs so the crap-ass sitting next to
you doesn't try to convert you to their religion.

Thenk yew!

Cheers,
Carla
Old April 24th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.polymer-clay

Dr. Sooz wrote:
I hope you have a wonderful time and I am green with envy.

Shirley
Aw, Shirley dolling! Don't be envious. Not everyone likes Hawaii. (I
don't)

it isn't for everybody - especially not to live here.
Sooz, which parts have you been to?

Maren