OFFICIAL SIGN-UP -- GET IT DONE IN 2005 CHALLENGE - 2nd posting

Old January 28th 05, 11:26 PM
Kate G.

Default OFFICIAL SIGN-UP -- GET IT DONE IN 2005 CHALLENGE - 2nd posting

My first post was to see if there was sufficient interest... clearly there
is! The 2nd was the same as this... Those who already responded via
EMAIL -- I got it... you do NOT need to send again -- this post is just for
those who missed the first sign up post.

( I will repost this a couple more times to be sure everyone gets a chance
to see it and sign up!)

Deadline for entry: February 15

The challenge is simple: Identify a project (or projects) that you want to
complete before December 31, 2005. All entered quilts must measure at least
120 inches in perimeter. Done means: pieced, quilted, bound and
LABELED!!! Hopefully -- once completed, you can send me a picture (either
hard copy via snail mail) or a digital image. I will create a special
webpage and post the pictures so that all can see what we have been working
on.

Here is the deal: Enter as many projects as you wish BUT... for each one
you enter, if you don't finish, you will owe the "challenge" a FQ. At the
end of the year, I will create a roster of who met the challenge and who
fell short. For each project you entered AND completed, I will enter your
name in the FQ POT -- which will be full of the FQ's that those who fail to
finish a project and owe one FQ for each uncompleted project. Then we
will draw a name(or names -- depending on how many we end up with) to
receive the FQ's. A lucky quilter (or 2 or 3) will start receiving
squishies in the mail soon thereafter!!! Projects must be either new or
unfinished -- the one you finished last week does NOT count!

So -- Please send the following information to me via email (grovesfam at
comcast dot net)

1) youf complete name
2) snail mail address

and for each project you wish to enter:

3) Name (just to identify it -- doesn't have to be finished name - Janie's
quilt or Sam's wallhanging)
4) Anticipated Size (lap, twin, king... or 35 x 50 -- just a general idea)
5) Is it a completely new project you've wanted to do but never started...
or a UFO
6) Anything else you wish to share about this project.

After February 15 -- I will prepare a master list of all submitted projects
and share it with all of you. Then as each of you complete a project (and
hopefully send me a picture) I will share that as well -- and post on a
webpage(not your snail addy) -- so we can motivitate and congratulate each
other as the year goes on!

That's it! So send me the details... please ... IN YOUR EMAIL TO ME... put
this in the Subject Line: GET IT DONE IN 2005 --
so I can be sure and not miss it -- or have it accidentally tossed as spam.

Thanks... I look forward to seeing what everyone hopes to accomplish this
year! Hopefully we will have LOTS and LOTS of happy dancing!

Kate in Michigan

Old January 29th 05, 01:21 AM
Diana Curtis

Go, Handmaiden, go Handmaiden, go Handmaiden, go Handmaiden, go !!!!!!
(but not to far, eh?)
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

"handmaiden" wrote in message
Kate G. wrote:
My first post was to see if there was sufficient interest... clearly

there
is! The 2nd was the same as this... Those who already responded via
EMAIL -- I got it... you do NOT need to send again -- this post is just

for
those who missed the first sign up post.

I have 3 more things I wish I had known about when I did that list! MY
friend in MS called Thursday night and is doing a benefit for a
neighbor. They're doing a cake walk, but with prizes not limited to
cakes. Emergency quilting session! Doing 3 reversible wall hangings
(Hearts and shamrocks) which have to be in the mail mid-week. Bleh! I've
got the shamrocks cut, pieced, and set aside. Now I"ve got to tackle the
Hearts side. Cross your fingers folks, never been on quite such a short
lead time before! WHeeeee~!
~Handmaiden

Old January 30th 05, 11:32 PM
handmaiden

Hearts cut and getting out the machine now. Homework can wait a little
longer, right? Will post pics when done.
~handmaiden