Anyone know of a good needlework shop in Albuquerque

Old June 27th 04, 06:16 PM
faerydraegon

Default Anyone know of a good needlework shop in Albuquerque

I am looking for a shop that is a guild or/and a nice shop. You know, shop were that don't care if you wear blue jeans and shirt. The shop I find , I hope, is not the only one.

They wouldn't talk or help me. I went to the shop wearing blue jeans and shirt. I went to the linen ( how dare you ). The clerk runs over and said "that is linen are you sure you need that. we have a nice selection of Aida" ( just wanted to scream). I said " I looking for a nice Belfast. Maybe a fat yard" and she just turn a walk away, now was want I said wrong??? Then they cut everyone linen before me. when my turn can they say again " are you sure you want this linen. it is very small stitches"(I could have just screamed) I just smile and said "Thank You". Were my words wrong????

Maybe it was the cloths. Now the jeans and the shirt were clean. Maybe is was the saying on the shirt " The ONE with the most Floss WINS". Now that is sooooo unpc, I could just die. The clerk was wearing a nice dress with pumps. I do think I pick the wrong shop????? That is why I am looking for nice shop. I have been ordering linen online, at Nordic Needle. It is great, I don't have to leave the house. But for crying out loud, this state is a WESTERN state and allot of folk wear jeans and a shirt. It wasn't like I look like a Hell Angel biker. I did have boots on. May that is it too WESTERN for needlework. I been working on linen for long than I like to thing about. I am not a Hell Anger biker looking for linen and needle. Yes I was hurt by the lady acts, judging me because I love blue jeans over a dress, as a NON stitcher or too poor to work with linen. Is sooooo insulting. If this is the only shop. I will be sure next time to wear my dress, pumps, pearls and my best Sunday hat. Maybe some diamonds and rubies, that why they know I can afford Linen.

If you know of a good shop PLEASE let me know. I will drive anywhere in the town. I miss the shop were people who smile and help. Who knows your name and does not care what you wear.

Ps. sorry for the rant

faerydraegon

"just a lil imp stitching in the sands"

Old June 27th 04, 08:17 PM
Rhiannon

{{{HUGS}}}}
You didn't mention your age. I've had problems along these lines when
visiting shops because they think I'm too young to know what I'm doing
or can't afford "the good stuff". I wish I could recommend a good LNS
but I know nothing about your area. I am also a Nordic Needle fan. :-)
One thing I have done (and found *immensely* rewarding) is to pull a
"Pretty Woman" and walk back into a store waving a couple armloads of
purchases from other stores in the face of insulting clerks. As a
card-carrying shopoholic, this does make quite a statement!

--
Brenda
"Nothing...I got nothing for sale."

Old June 27th 04, 09:40 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Oh dear * what a bunch of cows.
Hugs,

Cheryl

Old June 27th 04, 11:29 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

I will NEVER forget the shop I went into that treated me so poorly. And
I was dressed rather well - including pumps. (grin) The woman kept
intimating that I didn't know what I was doing, or that I might spoil
something. I gave her a piece of my mind when I left.

Hugs to you. If it's the only shop near you, I'd go back and, firmly
but politely, tell them how you feel. You may have to rehearse your
speech, but boy, I'd do it.

Keep stitchin' This is not an uncommon problem.
Dianne

Old June 28th 04, 05:18 PM
Joan Erickson

faerydraegon wrote:
I am looking for a shop that is a guild or/and a nice shop. You know,
shop were that don't care if you wear blue jeans and shirt. The shop I
find , I hope, is not the only one.

They wouldn't talk or help me. I went to the shop wearing blue jeans
and shirt. I went to the linen ( how dare you ). The clerk runs over
and said "that is linen are you sure you need that. we have a nice
selection of Aida" ( just wanted to scream).

Whew! I think I *would* have screamed---right at the manager! And
then told him/her that they'd just lost a possible new biiiig customer
(although you may or may not be, you wouldn't have to let them know
that!) due to their poor salespeople. I cannot imagine being treated so
poorly! They have no right to judge you by the clothes you wear! Who's
to say you're not a millionaire and just felt like "dressing down" that
day?!?!?
I do hope you find another store relatively close. I've got an idea!
Dress up, take a large bag from the other store, fill it full (not
necessarily w/ stitching stuff--just stuff it with some old sweatshirts
or other stuff that takes up lots of room with stitching stuff on top),
then take your bag into the bad shop and have everyone running around
getting stuff for you (kits, floss, accessories, but no cut fabric),
have them start ringing you up and, before they're done, tell them
you've decided against all these purchases and walk out the door!
--
Joan (feeling particularly evil today--bwahahahahahaha!)

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)

Needlework as Solace lula Needlework 7 June 18th 04 05:59 PM
$1,000.00 Wish List Raane Jewelry 20 March 4th 04 04:00 PM
Good News and Bad News Kandice Seeber Beads 11 October 14th 03 06:04 PM
Good News: Selling Jewelry at Party marisa2 Beads 2 August 10th 03 05:27 AM