** Daughter's New Knitting Blog

Old September 15th 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn,rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit,rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace,rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Suz

Default ** Daughter's New Knitting Blog

On Sep 5, 6:24 pm, JackG wrote:
All,

What's a father to do when his daughter works sooooo hard to create a
brand newknittingblog...and nobody has come to visit it yet? Of
course it's wonderful and you all should go check it out.

She is a recent college grad with a math major who would "like to
publish a math paper on the "knittability" of topological surfaces. "
Don't ask me what it means but I'm sure you will all appreciate it.
Sweaters, socks, handwarming creatures...

http://anotherknittingblog.blogspot.com/

Check it out and if you want to be really nice....leave her a comment.

Regards,
Proud Dad

Great site! I linked to it from the knitting page on my portal-sorta
website:

http://countrynaturals.com/index.htm

Old September 15th 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn,rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit,rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace
nzlstar*[_2_]

cross posting is frowned upon on most of usenet.
i'll leave the multiple groups this time only so those who read this wont do
it in future.
geez,
jeanne

"JackG" wrote:
All,

What's a father to do when his daughter works sooooo hard to create a
brand newknittingblog...and nobody has come to visit it yet? Of
course it's wonderful and you all should go check it out.

snipped
Regards,
Proud Dad

Old September 16th 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn,rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit,rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace

I haven't gone to the blog, but I keep wondering if she has a lot of ads
on there where she gets money for every time someone visits.

lucretia borgia wrote:

I'll leave them too - this father is making a monkey out of his
daughter, ignoramus.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.
Old September 16th 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn,rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit,rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace
Pogonip[_2_]

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:
I haven't gone to the blog, but I keep wondering if she has a lot of ads
on there where she gets money for every time someone visits.

I don't see a single ad on the page. Now, I do use AdBlockPlus with my
Firefox, so, I can't swear that there aren't any without looking at page
source, which I'm not going to do.

It is a nice knitting blog, IMNSHO. Rather refreshingly plain layout,
no fancy HTML stuff, nice clear pictures of works in progress or
finished. She does some recycling (actually reusing) of old yarn gotten
by frog-stitching old sweaters, which I think is good. She has some
very intricate lace knitting she's working on....all in all, I enjoyed
the page.
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com