How to help needed

Old February 23rd 07, 04:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz

Default How to help needed

I have been making this quilt for DH's cousin but have run out of the
centre 'garden' fabric.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53289228BoQaTR

I have about 20" of each of the other 3 fabrics left as well as
another piece of the red that is about 50" long.
I want to add more length to it and need some suggestions on ways to
do this.

Help please... anyone...?

Dee in Oz

Old February 23rd 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Dee, if you have the time and inclination to make a great production of
making it longer, a row of flying geese at top and bottom would be good.
If you're just wanting to grow it, simply adding strips of each color at top
and bottom will do the deed. The quilt is terrific and either one will be
fine - my, how I do love that quilt. Polly

ups.com...

Old February 23rd 07, 05:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

Dee,

Can you get a closer up picture of the garden fabric. I might have some
here that I would be happy to send to you, but I can't see enough detail on
yours. If I don't have it - perhaps someone else on RCTQ might & be
inclined to share it with you.

Pauline
Northern California

ups.com...

Old February 23rd 07, 05:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz

Aww shucks, thanks Polly.
I have to admit I am happy with my colour selection ( hate selecting
fabric that 'goes').

I had thought of strips but hadn't thought of flying geese......

Dee in oZ

On Feb 23, 3:15 pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Dee, if you have the time and inclination to make a great production of
making it longer, a row of flying geese at top and bottom would be good.
If you're just wanting to grow it, simply adding strips of each color at top
and bottom will do the deed. The quilt is terrific and either one will be
fine - my, how I do love that quilt. Polly

"Dee in Oz" wrote in oglegroups.com...

I have been making this quilt for DH's cousin but have run out of the
centre 'garden' fabric.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53289228BoQaTR

I have about 20" of each of the other 3 fabrics left as well as
another piece of the red that is about 50" long.
I want to add more length to it and need some suggestions on ways to
do this.

Help please... anyone...?

Dee in Oz- Hide quoted text -

Old February 23rd 07, 06:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz

Here is a close up Pauline
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53289228zpehNy

But I really doubt anyone would have some. I got mine from a garage
sale about a year ago so goodness knows how long the previous owner
had it in her stash Lol

Dee in Oz

Old February 23rd 07, 06:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

Nope - mine doesn't match - mine looks sort of like a Monet print. Sorry if
I got your hopes up!

Pauline
Northern California
ps.com...

Old February 23rd 07, 07:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

Maybe some flying geese top and bottom? Randomise the fabric so (as in real
life) no two geeses are the same?

http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes awhile to load)
quicker)
ups.com...

Old February 23rd 07, 07:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz

No you didn't get my hopes up Pauline. I have only just realised how
soon I want this finished. School holidays are coming here faster that
I realised.

Dee in Oz

On Feb 23, 4:31 pm, "Pauline" wrote:
Nope - mine doesn't match - mine looks sort of like a Monet print. Sorry if
I got your hopes up!

Pauline
Northern California
"Dee in Oz" wrote in glegroups.com...

Old February 23rd 07, 07:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz

Thats interesting, 2 votes for flying geese.

Thanks Sharon

Dee in Oz

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html(takes awhile to load)http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazrules/my_photos(same as website but
quicker)

Help needed Jessamy Beads 7 January 16th 07 04:02 PM
Braided rug directions needed ~~ No Sew?? ** Also repair help Needed zwm General Crafting 0 July 24th 05 06:42 PM
Pen help needed......... Mary in Washington Quilting 21 June 30th 05 03:04 PM
help needed! emma J Rubberstamps 1 June 14th 04 09:46 PM