OT Whew... busy house today!

Old June 7th 05, 08:58 PM
MRH

Default OT Whew... busy house today!

On Sunday night the sky put on a glorious light and sound show, with a wild
thunder and lightning storm. The winds came up and the clouds rolled in
fast... Matthew ran out to the van to close the windows, and no sooner got
back in the house when there were loud crashes of thunder and bolts of
lightning shooting across the sky. The television and computer were turned
off "just in case" and we sat in the foyer watching the show. I sat in a
lawn chair by one window, Matthew sat on the wooden blanket box made by my
uncle by the other window, and Casper sat at the front door looking out at
the street. Buffy was hiding in the laundryroom!

At one point I turned my head for a split second to look back into the
livingroom when Matthew had gone back inside to check for possible leaks...
as my head was just beginning to turn back toward the foyer there was a
bright almost blinding flash of lightning that looked like it had struck
just outside the front of the house. Matthew said "It must have been all
around because it looked like it struck in the parking lot just outside the
computer room window too." Poor Casper, (who is normally pretty calm, but
sits near one of us for assurance), who had started to go into the
livingroom, made an abrupt about face and bolted to my side. I patted him
and told him it was okay, and he sat down beside me.

Matthew came back to the foyer and sat on the blanket box again to watch as
the rain started coming down in sheets flooding the streets. Less than two
minutes later he suddenly jumped up with a "What the h*ll".... his back was
soaked. The roof was leaking like a basket right above him.... it was as if
someone turned on a faucet. We moved the blanket box into the livingroom
and dried it off, and put a couple of tubs under the leaks in the foyer.
Within minutes the tubs were almost half filled. / This is the same
roof that was *supposedly* fixed THREE times by the cousin of the previous
owner of the house. That was it... Matthew and I have had it with even
trying to deal with them... I put a call in to our friend (who has been a
contractor for many years) who now works for a local lumberyard/building
centre, yesterday. Brian came to the house to have a look a few minutes ago
and told me that it could be fixed easily enough... but he would bring the
measurements back to the shop and get an estimate on the materials, etc for
me.
--
We managed to get the pool filled (with only a tiny spot of about 3" that
came undone again), however when Matthew went to get the filter up and

Who was it who said "It never rains, but it pours!"? Nevermind...
hopefully it will soon be behind us and all fixed up.

Gem

Old June 8th 05, 02:43 AM

Hi Gem,

We had your storm yesterday afternoon around 4pm. It looked at one time
like it was snowing spinners. We didn't have any damage, but a lot of
trees came down in neighbor towns and some people are still without
power, won't get it back until tomorrow when we are suppose to get more
storms.

Hugs,

Nora

Old June 8th 05, 03:18 AM
Els van Dam

In article .com,
" wrote:

Hi Gem,

We had your storm yesterday afternoon around 4pm. It looked at one time
like it was snowing spinners. We didn't have any damage, but a lot of
trees came down in neighbor towns and some people are still without
power, won't get it back until tomorrow when we are suppose to get more
storms.

Hugs,

Nora

Nora, that does not sound very good, glad it were only trees that came
down and that nobody was hurt

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old June 8th 05, 03:30 AM
Katherine

MRH wrote:

snip

Gem,
I love your letters. YOu should definitely be writing for money.

Hugs,
Katherine

Old June 8th 05, 01:02 PM
Norma Woods

Hear, hear!

--
Star love,
Norma

Old June 8th 05, 02:23 PM
MRH

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Gem,

We had your storm yesterday afternoon around 4pm. It looked at one time
like it was snowing spinners. We didn't have any damage, but a lot of
trees came down in neighbor towns and some people are still without
power, won't get it back until tomorrow when we are suppose to get more
storms.

Yike! Yes, that was one heck of a storm, wasn't it? We were surprised that
no trees came down around here... at least none that we've heard of yet. Of
course our weekly paper doesn't come out until Thursday, so you never
know... there may very well have been a tree or two taken out by the storm.

Gem

Old June 8th 05, 02:24 PM
MRH

"Norma Woods" wrote in message
.. .
Hear, hear!

--
"Katherine" wrote in message
MRH wrote:

snip

Gem,
I love your letters. YOu should definitely be writing for money.

Hugs,
Katherine

Awww, thank you both! *blush* )

*hugs*
Gem

OT Thank you and Good news today!! Charlotte Hippen Quilting 9 May 27th 05 04:11 PM
OT ~ There's a hole in my heart and life today (long) Mj Beads 27 May 24th 04 06:32 AM
today CNYstitcher Quilting 3 May 11th 04 04:10 AM
Haunted House Update: OT Tink Beads 50 August 9th 03 04:53 PM