Dyed Delicas

Old February 5th 04, 08:06 PM
Arondelle

Default Dyed Delicas

I'm starting to collect Delicas. It seems that many of the colors that
I want are "dyed." I was told that dyed colors may rub off or get
washed out.

Since Delicas are so pricey, I'd hesitate to invest in colors that may
not last.

What have been your experiences with dyed Delicas?

Arondelle
To email me, empty the pond with a net
Visit Arondelle's Dream Worlds at: http://www.arondelle.com
Read my Blog: http://www.angelfire.com/blog/arondelle/index.html

Old February 5th 04, 10:06 PM
ally

In article , Arondelle
writes
I'm starting to collect Delicas. It seems that many of the colors that
I want are "dyed." I was told that dyed colors may rub off or get
washed out.

Since Delicas are so pricey, I'd hesitate to invest in colors that may
not last.

What have been your experiences with dyed Delicas?

Arondelle

The few dyed ones I have seem ok so far but I havent used them in
anything that gets a huge amount of wear. However, since I found out
that they may rub off over time I dont buy them anymore.
:-)
--
ally
website: www.alcom.demon.co.uk
Old February 6th 04, 12:31 AM
Arondelle

Bungadora wrote:

How can you tell which Delicas are dyed? I've never run across them.
Dora

Well, it usually says "dyed" in the color name... )

Old February 6th 04, 01:02 AM
Bungadora

Fair enough. A lot of repackaged or Delica imitations are pretty skimpy on the
content info though IME.

A reminisce ...
I work sometimes in an import store, and at one time we had these beads made
out of the seeds of some plant that were dyed. I had someone buy a string for
his wife, and she came in the same day to return them because the dye had come
off on her skin. I wasn't giving her a problem about it, but she was really
****y about it, basically saying that 'they' only purchased good quality
merchandise and she used a very aggressive, sarcastic voice. So I gave her her
$5 back without comment, and she sailed out in triumph. I put a coat of
polyurethane on the beads. If they were ever a problem after that, I don't know
because some Norwegian tourists bought them. One thing about Norwegian
tourists. Returns are quite low.

Of course you can't polyurethane Delicas.
Dora

Arondelle

================================================= ==========

Old February 6th 04, 02:06 AM
Valerie

What have been your experiences with dyed Delicas?

I don't buy many Delica's since I don't care about the uniformity usually, but
I've had the same problem with Japanese seed beads. I had a wonderful lavendar
silver lined color come off. I was halfway done with my project and I noticed
that my hands were bright pink. I thought it was the thread I was using (Nymo,
and yes, I know, I know, Silamide is superior...) but realized that it was my
BEADS! How horrible a feeling it is to come to find out that your bead color
comes off after all that work.
I've heard that you can spray them with enamel or gloss, but IMO, that is too
much work for all those little beads. I now just stay away from anything dyed.
And from my experiences, if you love the color and it's a weird hue that you
don't see often, it is probably dyed. :-(

Valerie
Website: http://www.valeriebeads.com
Check out my site for the RCB member links pages! E-mail me for details!

Old February 6th 04, 02:53 AM
Dr. Sooz

(Nymo,
and yes, I know, I know, Silamide is superior...)

~~~psst....I've been using Fireline lately......
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old February 6th 04, 03:36 AM
starlia

What is Fireline? Is it better than Nymo?

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
(Nymo,
and yes, I know, I know, Silamide is superior...)

~~~psst....I've been using Fireline lately......
~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old February 6th 04, 04:15 AM
Valerie

~~~psst....I've been using Fireline lately......

:-O

Heehee!

Old February 6th 04, 04:28 AM
starlia

Cool. Going to the fishing store tomorrow. Would Walmart have it by
chance?

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 22:36:45 -0500, starlia wrote
(in message ):

What is Fireline? Is it better than Nymo?

Only by a factor of about a million. But you have to buy it from a fishing
place. The bead stores want way too much money for it.

Kathy N-V

Delicas starlia Beads 1 November 10th 03 06:48 AM
Dyed Beads EL Beads 2 July 17th 03 02:25 PM