A small whine

Old February 16th 11, 10:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce[_4_]

Default A small whine

On 15/02/2011 15:28, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
It is the prefect morning to sit and stitch. Trash is out, the laundry is
caught up and frankly a heating pad is in order on my lower back.. And I
have to wait for return calls

BUT THERE IS NOTHING BUT CRAP on TV.

Cheryl

We stopped watching TV shortly after I retired and we moved up here; we
found there was always something more interesting to do. Now we listen
to BBC Radio 4 and BBC Radio 7 using the BBC iPlayer so that we can
listen to a programme when it's convenient to do so.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old February 17th 11, 02:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/15/11 12:05 PM, in article ,
"Gillian Murray" wrote:

On 2/15/2011 10:28 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
It is the prefect morning to sit and stitch. Trash is out, the laundry is
caught up and frankly a heating pad is in order on my lower back.. And I
have to wait for return calls

BUT THERE IS NOTHING BUT CRAP on TV.

Cheryl

You need some cheese with that whine...and put on some music. Daytime TV
is totally worthless IMNSHO.

Just back from a pretty and long drive in the country! It is too nice a
day to take the usual shorter route from the local shopping areas. Think
I will run by the LNS this afternoon, and maybe the secondhand paperback
bookstore.

Gill

I need to to a used bookstore run myself

Old February 17th 11, 02:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/15/11 1:39 PM, in article , "Ellice
K." wrote:

On 2/15/11 10:28 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

It is the prefect morning to sit and stitch. Trash is out, the laundry is
caught up and frankly a heating pad is in order on my lower back.. And I
have to wait for return calls

BUT THERE IS NOTHING BUT CRAP on TV.

Cheryl

Can you get any of the PBS channels either on-line, or on-demand for free?
We watch a lot of PBS. Check out some of the state PBS stations -you might
find something.

On the crap stuff - guilty pleasures of some on Bravo. Also - I watch a lot
of NatGeo, and some of the various History channels. Depending on your
computer location versus the sit'n'stitch place - you might be able to get
something on-line.

Alternative- start doing audio-books while you stitch - though personally I
don't do it - I think Sue H. does. I'm always afraid I'll get so absorbed
that I'll lose track of my stitching locations.

ellice

I could have done the Netflicks thing, except as a "get back at" his sister,
someone took the PS3 back to school with him. He and it return tomorrow.

Cheryl

Old February 18th 11, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/16/11 12:41 PM, in article
, "Liz from
Humbug" wrote:

On Feb 15, 7:28*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
It is the prefect morning to sit and stitch. Trash is out, the laundry is
caught up and frankly a heating pad is in order on my lower back.. And I
have to wait for return calls

BUT THERE IS NOTHING BUT CRAP on TV.

Cheryl

Exactly why DH & I have a large collection of DVDs/Videos!!!!!!!!! We
have everything from the very old to the reasonably new -
documentaries, movies, cartoons and a few TV shows (Lucy, Little
Rascals and Rocky & Bullwinkle). :-) My favorite one to play when I
am home sick is the six hour Looney Toons video. If I drift off to
sleep, I haven't really missed anything and I'm not constantly needing
to get up to change the disc/tape. Although, DH did put the 15 Rocky
& Bullwinkle tapes all on one long playing tape because they're only
30 minutes each. Also, before the DVDs came out, DH put all three
"Back to the Future" movies on one long playing tape. We can watch it
all in one sitting, with no indication of where the individual movies
begin and end. Other than the fact that we've seen them all over and
over. :-) When stitching, I like to put in the old, black & white
comedies. There's just no one out there today like Cary Grant, Jimmy
Stewart or Gary Cooper - or Barbara Stanwyk when she's being
funny. :-)
Liz from Humbug

Not many DVD's in the house, though I will add Mama Mia to what we do have.
VCR player is dead. (sigh, have to find a way to put all those cartoons on
to a DVD)

Cheryl

Old February 18th 11, 05:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 2/18/11 7:46 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 2/16/11 12:41 PM, in article
, "Liz from
Humbug" wrote:

[...]

Mama Mia is hilarious - we actually saw it on cable, then found the DVD at
some bargain $4 or so. I think just watching Pierce Brosnan struggle to
sing is worth it. At the same time, the women are great, and the scene at
the wedding dinner when Julie Walters goes strutting down the table - fab.
We were watching Colin Firth on Actors Studio, and he said that doing the
music for this movie (all done in recording studio separately on one day)
was terrifying, and that when he saw Pierce Brosnan with a "rictus of fear"
getting ready to try and sing put some perspective on it. Good choice.

A while ago we got a box set of "The Thin Man" with Myrna Loy & William
Powell - I love this series. We have some other old movie sets - sometimes
we find them at a great price at Costco - but on the whole, we're not
splurging much.

Ellice

Old February 18th 11, 07:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Feb 15, 9:28*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
It is the prefect morning to sit and stitch. Trash is out, the laundry is
caught up and frankly a heating pad is in order on my lower back.. And I
have to wait for return calls

BUT THERE IS NOTHING BUT CRAP on TV.

Just saw a Maxine cartoon that says, "If the TV sucked any more it
would be vacuum cleaner!" ROTLMBO!

Joan
Old February 19th 11, 01:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Kalmia

On Feb 15, 10:28*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
It is the prefect morning to sit and stitch. Trash is out, the laundry is
caught up and frankly a heating pad is in order on my lower back.. And I
have to wait for return calls

BUT THERE IS NOTHING BUT CRAP on TV.

Cheour painryl

I feel your pain. But, when stitching, I can't watch tv. If I'm home
alone and want to stitch, I load on my Mozart or just tune in a radio
stand.

At night, if I'm not reading, I first check out TCM - only
uninterrupted movie station I get. Then I check out HSN and QVC (not
too desperate, huh?, then maybe a peek at WE ( Hate Bridezilla).
I have never seen Jersey Shore or any of that ilk. Learning Channel
is OK. I never watch the major network prime time stuff either.
Joy Behar show borders on the seamy side, and Nancy G is just too
upsetting to go to bed on. I have even enjoyed Father Corapi's
sermons on EWTN.

Oh, for the return of HItchcock. I'll even watch old Sandford and Son
or Andy G.
Old February 19th 11, 01:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/18/11 11:38 AM, in article , "Ellice
K." wrote:

On 2/18/11 7:46 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 2/16/11 12:41 PM, in article
, "Liz from
Humbug" wrote:

[...]

I have to look for "The Thin Man"! DH loves those movies. Also, "Bringing Up
Baby"

Cheryl

Old February 19th 11, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/18/11 7:58 PM, in article
, "Kalmia"
wrote:

[...]

A few days ago, I found the "RetroTV" station. OMG, back to back was
"Emergency!", "Adam 12" and "Dragnet". Amazingly, they all stand up pretty
well. Don't know about a steady diet, but as the odd "spice", it was fun.

I've never been good at listening to music while reading or stitching. Just
doesn't work for me. But for some reason, science shows work well.

Cheryl

a little whine Roberta Zollner Quilting 11 June 8th 08 11:46 PM
OT -- I just need to whine the black rose Quilting 16 November 2nd 05 04:54 AM
Whine Black Cat Beads Beads 1 April 14th 04 06:50 AM
OT whine Kalera Stratton Beads 50 November 23rd 03 03:36 AM
*whine* SlinkyToy Yarn 2 October 10th 03 08:07 PM