What to do next?

Old April 20th 10, 06:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

Default What to do next?

A subject we are always interested in and hopefully drums up some responses.

I'm almost finished with the bookmarks I'm making for gifts and now just
have to decide how to finish the back. Should I use ribbon and should that
be glued or sewed on? Should I fringe the ends of the plainer one or not.
Very important decisions to be made but too much thinking hurts my head.
lol

Most important, what should I start next? Another very ornate bookmark for
a very dear friend, or something I really want to do just for fun? Another
dilemma.

What is everyone else working on, or planning to work on? That might help
me with a decision.

Lucille

Old April 20th 10, 07:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Parrotfish

"Lucille" wrote...
A subject we are always interested in and hopefully drums up some

I'm almost finished with the bookmarks I'm making for gifts and now just
have to decide how to finish the back. Should I use ribbon and should
that be glued or sewed on? Should I fringe the ends of the plainer one
or not. Very important decisions to be made but too much thinking hurts my
head. lol

Most important, what should I start next? Another very ornate bookmark
for a very dear friend, or something I really want to do just for fun?
Another dilemma.

What is everyone else working on, or planning to work on? That might
help me with a decision.

When I've stitched bookmarks, I attach the ribbon backing with Bondaweb.
As for 'To fringe or not to fringe'....... don't ask me to make a
decision.......
I'm a Pisces ;o)
--
Regards........P-f

Old April 20th 10, 07:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Lucille wrote:
A subject we are always interested in and hopefully drums up some

I'm almost finished with the bookmarks I'm making for gifts and now just
have to decide how to finish the back. Should I use ribbon and should
that be glued or sewed on? Should I fringe the ends of the plainer one
or not. Very important decisions to be made but too much thinking hurts
my head. lol

Most important, what should I start next? Another very ornate bookmark
for a very dear friend, or something I really want to do just for fun?
Another dilemma.

What is everyone else working on, or planning to work on? That might
help me with a decision.

Lucille

Simple answer.....do something you want to do just for fun!!I am
stitching Flamingo Sunrise for ME...and then will go back to "L" by Nora
Corbett for DGD Lauren.

That's my opinion.

Old April 20th 10, 08:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

Lucille wrote:

What is everyone else working on, or planning to work on? That might
help me with a decision.

This probably won't help with your decision, but maybe it'll help move
the conversation along!

I've almost finished the second block of Houses of Hawk's Run Hollow.
Only a few stitches left. Just in time, too - the needlework store
called, and a special thread I ordered many weeks ago is finally in. I'm
just at the spot in my other project (Emie Bishop's Garden Sampler) that
I really need that thread. So it'll be a good opportunity to shift
gears. Two BIG projects that will keep me going a loooonnnng time.

I'm also making a fun scarf in Tunisian crochet. Got some hand-me-down
VERY bright yarn, and making a very long, very narrow scarf in big,
loose stitches. Tres chic! I guess it's a head start on next Christmas,
LOL! It's a "P" hook and worsted-weight yarn, so it goes really fast.

A friend is visiting, and she brought me a big box of Cross Stitcher,
Cross Stitch Collection, and Cross Stitch Gold from the past two years.
I like to sit down with a cup of tea and choose a magazine at random,
limiting myself to one a day to make the pleasure last!

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old April 20th 10, 09:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Susan Hartman" wrote in message
Lucille wrote:

What is everyone else working on, or planning to work on? That might
help me with a decision.

This probably won't help with your decision, but maybe it'll help move the
conversation along!

I've almost finished the second block of Houses of Hawk's Run Hollow. Only
a few stitches left. Just in time, too - the needlework store called, and
a special thread I ordered many weeks ago is finally in. I'm just at the
spot in my other project (Emie Bishop's Garden Sampler) that I really need
that thread. So it'll be a good opportunity to shift gears. Two BIG
projects that will keep me going a loooonnnng time.

I probably will start the very busy, floral bookmark my friend wants and
something else that's just for me. Maybe Funk & Weber's What in the World.
On that one I can use bits and pieces of floss and just have fun with it.
First I really have to finish the two bookmarks and get them ready to give
away.

I'm also making a fun scarf in Tunisian crochet. Got some hand-me-down
VERY bright yarn, and making a very long, very narrow scarf in big, loose
stitches. Tres chic! I guess it's a head start on next Christmas, LOL!
It's a "P" hook and worsted-weight yarn, so it goes really fast.

I love to crochet but can't find anything to make. Here in Florida there's
no need for anything crocheted except afghans and I have 5 or 6 that I don't
use now. Puff has three so he doesn't need another. I guess I should ask
my niece if she would like one. They live in Colorado so I suppose anything
warm would be nice. My other niece lives in Switzerland and is never at
home for more then a couple of days. Her job with the WHO sends her all
over the world and she's always got one foot out the door and keeps the
barest minimum at home.

A friend is visiting, and she brought me a big box of Cross Stitcher,
Cross Stitch Collection, and Cross Stitch Gold from the past two years. I
like to sit down with a cup of tea and choose a magazine at random,
limiting myself to one a day to make the pleasure last!

I keep mine in a magazine stand in my den and in a waste paper basket in my
bathroom for looking at whenever I need a minute to relax.

Lucille

Old April 21st 10, 02:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Karen C - Calif wrote:
Gillian Murray wrote:
stitching Flamingo Sunrise for ME.

Picture, please?

Not too hard to find.

http://www.rkpdesigns.com/images/207...go_Sunrise.JPG
Old April 21st 10, 02:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Apr 20, 1:57�pm, "Lucille" wrote:

What is everyone else working on, or planning to work on? � That might help
me with a decision.

I finally put in the French knots in "He Is Risen,"
an Easter piece I was working on during Lent.
So, I'm back working on the Fractal 53 "bookmark."
Since it's one of those "loooooong" term projects
I'm looking for something smaller for when I take
a break. I'm tempted to get a couple of the Textile
Heritage bookmarks, and at the same time I'm
thinking of doing the needle case from JCS,
very springlike. I also might start on Little
House Needlworks "The Old Doll." So many
projects, too little time with the yard
needing so much attention.

Nancy
Old April 21st 10, 03:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 4/20/10 1:57 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

A subject we are always interested in and hopefully drums up some responses.

I'm almost finished with the bookmarks I'm making for gifts and now just
have to decide how to finish the back. Should I use ribbon and should that
be glued or sewed on? Should I fringe the ends of the plainer one or not.
Very important decisions to be made but too much thinking hurts my head.
lol

Most important, what should I start next? Another very ornate bookmark for
a very dear friend, or something I really want to do just for fun? Another
dilemma.

What is everyone else working on, or planning to work on? That might help
me with a decision.

Lucille

Do something for you!

When I do book marks, I iron gabardine ribbon on with fuse=able webbing.
Nice, neat, simple. I even do the hemming with webbing! LOL (personally, I
don't like fringed bookmarks.)

Cheryl

Old April 21st 10, 11:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Lucille wrote:
What is everyone else working on, or planning to work on? * That might
help me with a decision.

I probably won't be of much help, either, cuz I'm still working on
baby stuff. I have the 2nd afghan crocheted and am now cross
stitching the pictures on the solid blocks. I have 2 strips (of 5)
done but have to find a different pattern for a kitty. Oooohhhh Tia
Maaarryyyyyy! I just may have to make up one myself, as I did with
the horse.

Joan
Old April 22nd 10, 12:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Joan E. wrote:
Lucille wrote:
What is everyone else working on, or planning to work on? That might
help me with a decision.

I probably won't be of much help, either, cuz I'm still working on
baby stuff. I have the 2nd afghan crocheted and am now cross
stitching the pictures on the solid blocks. I have 2 strips (of 5)
done but have to find a different pattern for a kitty. Oooohhhh Tia
Maaarryyyyyy! I just may have to make up one myself, as I did with
the horse.

Joan

Joan, the way you are working so hard for the baby.....are you sure it's
not twins or triplets............or Heaven help all Octuplets?

Kidding aside this new little person will be wrapped in love, thanks to
Granny, Nana or whatever you choose. It is a very lucky child to be born
into such a loving family environment.

BTW how wide atre the blocks? I mean what sort of stitch count are you
looking for. I have a lot of old kiddy charts, and might be able to help.

Gill