And time for

Old December 4th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruby

Default And time for

working on a quilt for my son, just finished a crazy quilt tree skirt(my
own design) for my daughter.
ruby
Old December 4th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

Olwyn Mary wrote:
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply) wrote:
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

What are you reading?

Maureen is eagerly looking forwards to reading Bernard Cornwell's
latest book "Azincourt". She ordered it from the local library fully
expecting to be put on a long waiting list but was delighted when the
mobile library arrived on its monthly visit and the book was there for
her

Am I the only one around here who actually buys books?? I see lots of
people who spend $$$$$$$$$ on needlework supplies, but very few who
spend money on books.

Just the impression I get from reading here.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

That's what libraries are for - a wide variety of books on a wide
variety of topics. The authors receive royalties based upon how many
times their book is issued to a reader.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
Old December 4th 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

What are you reading?

Maureen is eagerly looking forwards to reading Bernard Cornwell's latest
book "Azincourt". She ordered it from the local library fully expecting
to be put on a long waiting list but was delighted when the mobile
library arrived on its monthly visit and the book was there for her

Am I the only one around here who actually buys books?? I see lots of
people who spend $$$$$$$$$ on needlework supplies, but very few who
spend money on books.

Just the impression I get from reading here.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

It depends - I bought the JE book, but will pass it along. I will buy Open
Ice. I'm kind of out of room for books, but will buy the next MaryJanice
Davidson Fred the Mermaid book and any Lynn Kurland book in her fantasy
line.

Cheryl

Old December 4th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

Olwyn Mary wrote:

Am I the only one around here who actually buys books?? I see lots of
people who spend $$$$$$$$$ on needlework supplies, but very few who
spend money on books.

Just the impression I get from reading here.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

I'm a library girl all the way. I think of it this way: in needlework
supplies, $25 can keep me busy for *months*. A book - maybe a week,
tops! Needlework is really one of the cheapest hobbies around, on a
per-hour basis!

(But I will buy books from the library book sale...yesterday I spent
$4.40 on 19 hardcover and 4 paperback books. Two for me, three for
holiday gifts, and the balance to give to a friend who teaches in an
inner-city school. Got lots of YA titles for her. A good day, I'd call it!)

sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
Old December 4th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
will buy the next MaryJanice
Davidson Fred the Mermaid book

They look like fun!! I'll get some of those for DD for Christmas.

sue

Old December 4th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Queencityxstitcher

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
What are you reading?

Just finished - Open Ice by Jack Falla. Great book, really recommend this
for the hockey fans. Ellice and Sara - buy this for the DH's and then read
it yourself.

At work: Foul Play - one of those Janet Evanovich reprints. (yes between
phone calls, I read or do cross word puzzles)

On the throne: Cretaceous Dawn - bunch of scientists get thrown back in time
due to an experiment gone wrong. This may just go back to the library soon.
Plot looks good, but the writing is only so-so.

True leisure time reading - Fortune and Fate - the latest of the Sharon
Shinn Twelfth House books. I really love diving into these and losing
myself.

Cheryl

Just finished "There be Dragons", by Sharon Penman. A long historical
novel, but a wonderful read of 13th century Wales, and this is the first
of a trio.

Also finished "One Silent Night" by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Continuing Dark
Hunter Saga. Where vampires meet the gods and goddess roaming our
present day. Includes the Were-Hunters and Dream Hunters.

"Heart Fate" By Robin Owens. Celta planet series.

And I do by my books. Bobbie V.

Old December 4th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/4/08 3:41 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
will buy the next MaryJanice
Davidson Fred the Mermaid book

They look like fun!! I'll get some of those for DD for Christmas.

sue

I really liked her Betsy Queen of the Vampires books to start, but found
they got old. I'm intrigued by the Royal Alaskan series, but I'd have to ILL
those.

I should mention I read the first 4 of Yasmine Galenorn OtherWorld series.
Fun and light as a feather. Good read for myth lovers.

Old December 4th 08, 10:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ericka

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

What are you reading?

Maureen is eagerly looking forwards to reading Bernard Cornwell's
latest book "Azincourt". She ordered it from the local library fully
expecting to be put on a long waiting list but was delighted when the
mobile library arrived on its monthly visit and the book was there for
her

Am I the only one around here who actually buys books?? I see lots of
people who spend $$$$$$$$$ on needlework supplies, but very few who
spend money on books.

Just the impression I get from reading here.

I'm just too embarrassed to point out how many
books I buy when I have a perfectly good library nearby ;-)
Some days I think I'm single-handedly keeping the bookstores
afloat. I have a bad habit of taking the morning off,
grabbing a book or two, and spending the morning at
La Madeleine reading them.

Best wishes,
Ericka